The global water treatment biocides market size is expected to worth USD 6.10 Billion by 2028, and register a revenue CAGR of 6.3% over the forecast period. The revenue growth of the market can be resultant of increasing biocides’ utilization in water treatment to control microbial growth. Growing need for increasing effectiveness of water treatment plants has resulted in the rapid adoption of biocides for water treatment. Additionally, increasing hygiene requirements for several public facilities including swimming pools have driven the use of biocides for water treatment. Therefore, growing awareness about health and hygiene is one of the primary factors augmenting demand for water treatment biocides, thus, supporting the revenue growth of the global water treatment biocides market.
Biocides for water treatment have been gaining importance globally, due to their broad array of applications, ranging from municipality as well as swimming pools water treatment to water treatment in several industries, including power plants, oil & gas, pulp & paper, and mining. Uncontrolled microbial growth can result in various complications like health hazards, breakdown of chemicals, development of biofilms, heat transfer losses, under-deposit corrosion, and restriction of flow.
Increasing requirement for safe and clean drinking water across the globe, and scarcity of freshwater resources are contributing to the fast implementation of biocides for water treatment. Moreover, rising need for eliminating different types of waterborne pathogens from drinking water, which affect the health of a considerable population, is further augmenting the demand for water treatment biocides.
In the industries like oil & gas and pulp & paper, non-oxidizing biocides are widely utilized for water treatment. Furthermore, high-performance non-oxidizing biocides are extensively used in controlling the microbiological activity in several industrial processes, various water treatment activities, commercial cleaning, disinfection, and environmental hygiene activities.
Grab Your Free Sample PDF Copy Now
Key Highlights of Report:
- In February 2020, Veolia Water Technologies UK announced an acquisition with Biochemica Water Ltd, a wastewater treatment specialist. The acquisition helped Veolia to become one of the major end-to-end suppliers of water and wastewater treatment solutions to the municipal and industrial sectors in the U.K.
- The oil & gas segment accounted for the largest revenue share of nearly 29.0% in the year 2019. Major companies in the oil & gas industry utilize water treatment biocides to meet the increasing global energy demand, which is fueling the revenue growth of the segment.
- The non-oxidizing segment is predicted to grow by registering a revenue CAGR of 6.6% going ahead. Growing utilization of glutaraldehyde and quaternary ammonium compounds for treating water among a wide range of industries, such as oil & gas, pulp & paper, and power plants, is supporting the segment’s revenue growth.
- North American market held the highest revenue share of the global water treatment biocides market in the year 2019. Rising demand for clean and safe drinking water has driven the growth of this regional market.
- Leading participants in the water treatment biocides market are Ecolab, Veolia, DuPont, Sigura, SUEZ, Solenis, BWA WATER ADDITIVES, Kemira, Nouryon, and Albemarle Corporation.
For the purpose of this report, Emergen Research has segmented the global water treatment biocides market in terms of application, product type, and region:
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
- Oil & Gas
- Municipal Water Treatment
- Pulp & Paper
- Swimming Pools
- Power Plants
Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
- Non-oxidizing Biocides
- Oxidizing Biocides
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/water-treatment-biocides-market