The global seed processing market size is expected to reach USD 22.62 Billion in 2028 at a CAGR of 10.7% during the forecast period. Steady growth of market can be attributed to increasing application of seed processing methods to cater to ever-increasing demand for high-quality seeds in agricultural sector. Seed processing methods enable development of healthier seeds with increased germination potential and this is expected to drive market revenue growth over the forecast period. Seed processing also facilitates improving seed quality which enables uniformity in fields and crop yields.
Seed processing enables uniform and improved marketing by offering improved packaging and storage and this has been boosting demand for seed processing in the sector. High moisture content in seeds requires application of seed processing technology to dry seeds and obtain optimal moisture content. Increasing need to eliminate undesirable materials, unwanted seeds of other crops, and damaged seeds has been boosting demand for seed processing technologies worldwide. Farmers and processors are extensively applying more innovative seed processing methods to minimize heterogeneity of seeds primarily caused by variations in soil properties such as chemical, physical, and biological properties. Increasing awareness among farmers regarding benefits of seed processing methods is expected to drive revenue growth of market over the forecast period.
Increasing investment by government to improve agricultural productivity and provide financial support to farmers is expected to further boost revenue growth of the market. However, increasing funding required for research and development activities, high labor costs, and increasing supply chain costs are some factors expected to restrain market growth over the forecast period.
Some Key Highlights from the Report:
- Cereals and grain segment is expected to account for largest revenue share in the global market over the forecast period. Growth can be attributed to increasing use of seed processing methods for production of high quality cereals and grains with superior germination potential.
- Seed treatment segment is expected to register robust revenue CAGR during the forecast period. Increasing need to enhance germination of seeds and increase agricultural productivity are key factors supporting growth of segment.
- Gravity separators segment is expected to account for largest revenue share in the global market during the forecast period attributable to increasing need to remove unwanted crop seeds using gravity separators and its rising adoption in processing facilities and farmers.
- North America is expected to dominate in terms of revenue share among other regional markets over the forecast period. Growth can be attributed to rising demand for high-quality seeds to enhance crop yield, increasing investments in production of superior quality seeds, and existence of advanced agricultural sector in the region.
- Major players operating in the market include Bayer Cropscience, Lanxess, BASF, Syngenta, Corteva Agriscience, Nufarm, Incotec, Clariant, CIMBRIA, and Sensient Technologies, among others.
- In July 2020, Bayer announced strategic partnership with Prospera Technologies, Inc., which is a prominent player in the field of AI, data analytics, and machine learning. Through the partnership, Bayer aims to develop integrated digital solutions in associated with Propsera Technologies for greenhouse vegetables growers.
For the purpose of this report, Emergen Research has segmented the global seed processing market on the basis of crop type, processing type, equipment, and region:
Crop Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
- Oilseeds & Pulses
- Flowers & Ornamentals
- Cereals & Grains
Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
- Seed Coating Material
- Seed Treatment
Equipment Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
- Gravity Separators
- Seed Treatment
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/seed-processing-market