According to a current analysis by Emergen Research, the global wastewater treatment services market size is expected to reach USD 78.13 Billion in terms of revenue from USD 49.56 billion in 2019, delivering a CAGR of 6.2% through 2027. The market growth is driven by exploding population growth, the rapid development of the industrial sector in developing economies across the globe, and the associated demand for wastewater treatment services.
Municipal corporations and industrial entities are increasingly utilizing zero-liquid discharge for eliminating disease-causing bacteria and harmful organisms from wastewater. Several industry players are offering advanced wastewater treatment services to meet the challenges of treating water and wastewater effectively. Introduction of advanced wastewater treatment services that offer advanced filtration, chemical-free disinfection, and smarter aeration are expected to foster market size over the analysis period.
Key Highlights of Report
- Based on end-use, the municipal sub-segment accounted for 57.3% of the wastewater treatment services market share in 2019 and is expected to contribute significantly towards the revenue share over the analysis period. Increasingly adoption rate of municipal advanced wastewater treatment services offered by major market players, including advanced filtration, and chemical-free disinfection by municipal corporations, will foster market size.
- Based on service, the operation & process control sub-segment is expected to register a notable growth rate of 7.0% through 2027. Strict legislation for the municipal corporations and industrial sector to remove suspended solids wastes before the effluent is discharged into the environment in a cost-effective manner has fuelled the demand for parameters monitoring, routine maintenance, and facility operations, which is stimulating segmental growth.
- In the regional landscape, the APAC region accounted for nearly 8% of the global wastewater treatment services market in 2019 and is expected to gain major traction through 2027. The robust growth can be attributed to the rising levels of wastewater and the shrinking of freshwater sources. This is resulting in the extensive adoption of wastewater treatment services among municipal corporations across the region. In addition, the adoption of physico-chemical treatment, zero-liquid discharge system, biological treatment, and recycle & reuse system by wastewater treatment plants in the Asian countries will further foster regional industry size in the upcoming years.
- Key players contributing towards the global wastewater treatment services market share include Ecolab, Xylem Inc., Veolia, Pentair, SUEZ, Thermax, Evoqua Water Technologies LLC, Buckman Laboratories International, Inc., Golder Associates, and Kurita Water Industries, among others.
- These industry players are adopting several strategies such as acquisitions, mergers, collaborations, new product development, and capacity expansion, thereby supporting the overall growth of the market
- Evoqua Water Technologies LLC, a global leader in the management of critical water treatment solutions, acquired Ohio-based water supply & equipment firm Aquapure Technologies in September 2020. This acquisition is intended to improve Evoqua Water Technologies’ service capabilities in Ohio and the outlying areas.
Emergen Research has segmented the global wastewater treatment services market on the basis of service type, end-use, and region:
- Service Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- Building & Installation Service
- Maintenance & Repair
- Design & Engineering Consulting
- Operation & Process Control
- End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
- North America
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: