According to a current analysis by Emergen Research, the Global Fermented Food and Ingredients Market size is forecast to reach USD 875.21 Billion from USD 565.09 Billion in 2019, delivering a CAGR of 6% through 2027. The market growth is driven by rise in the number of health conscious consumers and increased awareness regarding beneficial health impacts of fermented food.
Changing dietary patterns and increased consumption of ready-to-eat food is positively impacting the global fermented ingredients and food products market. Over the past few years, increasing utilization of fermented ingredients has been witnessed for the production of processed food & beverages due to the advancements in the food & beverage industry. Growing demand for healthy and nutritious food & beverage products is prompting industry players to include fermented ingredients in food products’ formulation. Rise in innovations and the launch of enhanced products by the leading and emerging players will supplement fermented food and ingredients market revenue share over the forecast period.
Key Highlights from Report:
- On the basis of food type, the fermented beverages sub-segment accounted for nearly 38.2% of the fermented food & ingredients market share in 2019. The segmental growth is projected to be driven by increasing consumption of beverages such as beer, requiring fermented ingredients for production.
- On the basis of ingredient type, the amino acids sub-segment is projected to showcase the fastest CAGR of 6.6% during the analysis period. Increasing consumer inclination towards high protein diets has led to increased adoption of amino acids for the production of fermented ingredients.
- Based on distribution channel, the supermarkets sub-segment accounted for a major chunk of the global fermented food and ingredients market share in 2019 and is expected to gain major traction in the projected timeframe due to majority of sales by supermarkets & hypermarkets in developing countries.
- In the regional landscape, APAC is forecast to be the fastest-growing market for fermented food and ingredients over the analysis period. Robust growth of the food & beverage industry and enhanced agricultural practices in the emerging economies will positively impact regional fermented food and ingredients industry in the coming years.
- Key players operating in the global fermented food and ingredients market include Dupont De Nemours and Company, Incorporated, Cargill, Angel Yeast Co. Limited, Lonza, BASF SE, Archer Daniels Midland Company, Danone, Evonik Industries, Koninklijke DSM N.V., and CHR. Hansen A/S among others.
- Cargill, a global food corporation and DSM, a leader in health, nutrition and materials solution started commercial-scale production of stevia sweetener, EverSweet™, in a joint venture in November 2019. The business is expected to flourish in the coming years due to increased preference for low calorie-food and beverages among the health-conscious population.
Emergen Research has segmented the Global Fermented Food and Ingredients Market based on food type, ingredient type, distribution channel, and region:
- Food Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Fermented Dairy Products
- Fermented Beverages
- Fermented Confectionary & Bakery Products
- Fermented Vegetable Products
- Ingredient Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Organic Acids
- Amino Acids
- Industrial Enzymes
- Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Online Stores
- Health Stores
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
- North America
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/fermented-food-and-ingredients-market