The global feldspar market size is expected to reach USD 1.10 Billion in 2028 and register a CAGR of 6.1% during the forecast period. Market growth is majorly driven by rapidly increasing demand for ceramic tiles globally, increasing usage of feldspar in the glass industry, and rising investments in construction and renovation of commercial and residential buildings. Feldspar demand has substantially increased over the recent past owing to increasing number of new players in the industry, rapid expansion of production facilities, and rising production of vehicles in the automotive industry globally. Rising demand for glass and ceramic from various industries is another key factor driving revenue growth of the feldspar market.
High demand for ceramics and tiles has been observed from construction and building sectors. Fast-paced urbanization and rising number of construction projects have increased demand for ceramic tiles and sanitary ware for usage in commercial and residential infrastructure. Feldspars play a pivotal role as fluxing agents in ceramics and glass and are also used as functional fillers in plastic, adhesive, paint, and rubber industries. Increasing demand for glass and ceramic materials and increasing use of feldspars as functional fillers are some other key factors driving market growth.
Various chemical compounds and minerals such as sodium oxide, alumina, and potassium oxide are present in feldspar and this has been boosting their importance and application in the glass and ceramics industry. Ceramic tiles are majorly used for ensuring enhanced levels of hygiene at healthcare facilities. This is expected to drive revenue growth of market going ahead.
Grab Your Free Sample PDF Copy Now
Some Key Highlights in the Report:
- The plagioclase feldspar segment is expected to register a steady revenue CAGR during the forecast period, which can be attributed to increasing demand for glass and ceramic tiles.
- The glass industry segment revenue is expected to expand significantly during the forecast period, which can be attributed to rising demand for ceramic tiles from the construction and building sector and the trend is expected to be prevalent over the coming years.
- Asia Pacific registered highest revenue growth in 2020 among other regional markets. Market growth is majorly attributed to robust presence of prominent glass manufacturers and ceramics producers in countries in the region.
- Major companies operating in the market include I-Minerals Inc., Quarzwerke GmbH, Micronized South Africa Limited, Imerys, EczacÄ±baÅŸÄ± Holding A.Åž., Adolf Gottfried Tonwerke GmbH, LB MINERALS, Ltd., Sibelco, QUARTZ Corp., and Sun Minerals.
- In December 2020, CAVU Mineral Corp. entered into agreement for an exclusive option of 100% interest in Pacific Empire Minerals Corp.’s Kitimat Copper-Gold Project in British Colombia, Canada. The property is rich in various mineral resources such as feldspar, copper, and gold, among others.
For the purpose of this report, Emergen Research has segmented the global feldspar market on the basis of product type, application, end-use, and region:
Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Million Metric Tons; 2018–2028)
- Plagioclase Feldspar
Marketing Channels Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Million Metric Tons; 2018–2028)
End-use Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Million Metric Tons; 2018–2028)
- Glass Industry
- Ceramics Industry
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/feldspar-market