The global diabetic socks market size was USD 344.80 Million in 2021 and is expected to register a revenue CAGR of 4.8% during the forecast period, according to the latest analysis by Emergent Research. The growing prevalence of diabetes, along with the increasing awareness about foot care products for diabetic patients, is expected to drive market growth over the forecast period.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), in 2016, an estimated 1.6 million deaths were directly caused by diabetes and another 2.2 million deaths were attributable to high blood sugar levels. The number of diabetes cases is expected to rise to 592 million by 2035. In addition, the WHO estimates that diabetic foot ulcers affect around 15% of all people with diabetes and that around 6% of individuals with diabetes will experience a major amputation during their lifetime.
The rising awareness about the importance of foot care among diabetic patients is expected to drive market growth. In addition, the increasing diabetic population and the growing disposable income are also expected to contribute to market growth. However, the high cost of diabetic socks is expected to restrain market growth over the forecast period.
According to the International Diabetes Federation (IDF), around 463 million people were suffering from diabetes in 2019, and the number is expected to reach 700 million by 2045. Diabetic socks are specially designed socks that help in preventing various foot problems associated with diabetes such as blisters, calluses, and ulcers. They are also helpful in improving blood circulation and keeping the feet dry.
The growing trend of online shopping is also fuelling the growth of the market. The growing popularity of e-commerce platforms such as Amazon and Alibaba has made it easier for consumers to purchase diabetic socks online. The increasing number of health awareness campaigns is also expected to boost market growth.
Diabetic socks are specially designed socks that help prevent foot ulcers and infections, which is a common complications associated with diabetes. These socks are made of materials that wick away moisture, provide cushioning, and have anti-microbial properties.
Some Key Highlights From the Report
- The copper segment accounted for a moderate revenue share in 2021 due to the presence of a significant diabetic population base in emerging countries such as India and China. The segment is also expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period on account of the growing awareness about the therapeutic benefits of copper socks among diabetics.
- The woolen socks segment is expected to grow at a rapid pace over the forecast period on account of the growing preference for woolen socks among diabetics. Woolen socks are known to provide superior comfort and warmth as compared to other types of socks and are therefore increasingly being used by diabetics.
- The cotton segment is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period on account of the growing awareness about the benefits of using cotton socks among diabetics. Cotton socks are known to be extremely comfortable and absorbent, which makes them an ideal choice for diabetics.
- The polyester segment is expected to grow at a rapid pace over the forecast period on account of the growing preference for polyester socks among diabetics. Polyester socks are known to be extremely durable and offer superior comfort compared to other types of socks.
- The retail store’s segment accounted for a significant revenue share in 2021 due to the increasing preference for purchasing diabetic socks from retail stores among consumers. The supermarkets & hypermarkets segment is projected to register a substantial CAGR over the forecast period. The e-commerce segment is expected to grow at a rapid pace in the next few years.
- The Asia-Pacific region is expected to witness the highest growth during the forecast period. The growing population and the increasing number of people suffering from diabetes in the region are the major factors driving the market growth. China is expected to be the largest market in the region due to its large population and growing health awareness.
- Some major companies in the global market report include Apex Foot Health Industries, SIGVARIS, Siren, HangZhou Aidu Trading Co., Ltd., Soyad Brothers LLC., DJO, LLC, PediFix Inc., Cupron, Thorlo Inc., Reflexa, and BSN Medical.
Grab Your Free Sample Copy@ Diabetic Socks Market
Emergen Research has segmented the global diabetic socks market based on material type, distribution channel, and region:
- Material Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2019-2030)
- Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2019-2030)
- Retail Stores
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2019-2030)
- North America
- the U.S.
- the UK
- Rest of Europe
- the Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Browse Full Report Description