The Cold Plasma market has been forecasted to be valued at USD 4,517.8 Million in 2027 from USD 1,441.4 Million in 2019, registering a CAGR of 15.3% through the forecast period. The global market for cold plasma registers a stellar CAGR due to the growing demand from the plastics sector. Effective application of polymers and plastic requires superior surface adhesion for achieving several optimum mechanical properties along with improving the durability of different plastic components. The cold plasma process is highly advantageous in the areas of enhancing the characteristics of surface wettability, altering the morphology of the surface, and enhancing the plastic’s bonded shear strength. The technology in cold plasma is largely used in several industrial applications of polymer and plastic that require pore-free and uniform thin films with outstanding electric, physical, chemical, and mechanical characteristics.
The plasma treatment on the surface of textile fiber does not involve the application of harmful chemicals, thus, considerably reducing pollution and water contamination caused by residual chemicals. Moreover, the application of this technology does not lead to any mechanical risks, especially for treated textile fabrics. Furthermore, cold plasma is highly advantageous in changing various surface characteristics such as the substrate’s micro-roughness along with the production of distinct functional groups that are chemically active, without affecting the substrate’s bulk properties. Additionally, the cold plasma treatment consumes lesser energy than the other traditional methods.
Grab Your Free Sample Copy Now
Key Highlights of Report
- In April 2020, Relyon Plasma—a leading company, made an announcement regarding the launch of piezobrush PZ3—a unique and innovative device of handheld plasma treatment featuring the PDD technology proprietary of Relyon.
- The low-pressure cold plasma sub-segment is predicted to grow at a fast pace from 2020 to 2027. In the semiconductor industry, vacuum plasma or the low-pressure cold plasma technology is highly utilized for cleaning before de-smearing of PCB (printed circuit board) and die attach. Additionally, the technology is further deployed for the purpose of decontamination in medical and food & beverage industries and for altering specific surface properties in polymer and textile sectors.
- The coating application sub-segment is presumed to grow at a steadfast rate over the commenced period. Cold plasma coating emphasizes thermally sensitive object’s coating by utilizing a cold regulated plasma jet offering maximum automation degree along with a high deposition rate, allowing mass production of various coating products.
- The APAC region is foreseen to grow at a significant rate from 2020 to 2027 due to rapid infrastructural development and rising economic activities in various developing nations, such as China, Indonesia, and India. Moreover, the fast growth of several industries, including semiconductor & electronics, textile, food & beverage, and plastic, along with rising disposable income, is further propelling the regional market.
- Major market players in the sector include Europlasma NV, Adtec Plasma Technology Co. Ltd., Nordson Corporation, P2i Limited, Relyon Plasma GmbH, Apyx Medical Corporation, Plasmatreat GmbH, Enercon Industries Corporation, Henniker Plasma, and neoplas GmbH.
Emergen Research has segmented the global cold plasma market in terms of pressure, application, industry vertical, and region:
Pressure Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- Low Pressure Cold Plasma
- Atmospheric Cold Plasma
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- Wound Healing
- Surface Treatment
- Wastewater Treatment
- Blood Coagulation
Industry Vertical Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- Polymer & Plastic
- Food & Beverage
- Electronics & Semiconductor
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: