The global cooling fabrics market is expected to be valued at USD 4.03 Billion in 2027 from USD 1.74 Billion in 2019, registering a CAGR of 11.0% through the forecast period. The growing demand for protective clothing and sportswear is accelerating the industry’s growth.
Rising awareness regarding better health has resulted in the fast adoption of different types of exercises, generating high demand for distinct sportswear. Cooling fabrics ease the condition of the body, providing comfortable temperature in hot and humid weather. It further offers protection from pollution, UV rays, and sweat. The rapid development of several cost-effective products and growing promotional activities for creating awareness regarding a wide range of cooling fabrics are propelling the sector.
Soaring demand from the healthcare as well as defense sector would grant lucrative avenues for the cooling fabrics in the coming years. Cooling fabrics are also used for manufacturing military clothes and uniforms to be used in harsh and extreme conditions like space, and deep-sea exploration, wherein the fabric’s cooling property contributed to the user’s enhanced performance. However, the apparel’s high cost and low awareness level are restraining the industry’s growth.
Key Highlights of Report
- In December 2020, “Brrr Pro’—a new cooling fabric, was introduced by the company named Brrr. Several micro-cooling minerals are embedded with these fabrics, along with hyper wicking and performance drying, for elevating the ‘triple chill effect’ for superior comfort and a fresh experience.
- Natural cooling fabrics are experiencing high demand due to the elevating need for biodegradable and natural products. These fabrics exhibit inherent ventilation property. Growing awareness about different environmental issues is triggering demand for natural cooling fabrics over the forecast timeframe.
- The knitted sub-segment led the market in 2019. Knitted fabric’s thermal property and their ability to provide protection against extreme and cross weather conditions are impacting the segment’s growth.
- The sports apparel sub-segment accounted for the highest industry share in 2019. Cooling fabrics are highly used in the manufacturing of sportswear. Soaring demand for a range of cooler clothes among people who practice sports and exercise is accelerating the segment’s development.
- North America dominated the industry by occupying the largest share in 2019. The fast establishment of leading clothing companies and the existence of popular producers are boosting the regional market. The rapid adoption of modern cooling technologies in the country U.S. is further contributing to the regional market’s growth.
- Major players in the sector include Adidas AG, Plastics Corporation, Nan Ya, Nilit Ltd., Polartec LLC, Tex-Ray Industrial Co., Ltd., Coolcore LLC, Ahlstrom Corporation, Kraton Corporation, and Invista.
For the purpose of this report, Emergen Research has segmented the global cooling fabrics market based on type, technology, textile type, application, and region:
Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- Active Cooling Fabrics
- Air Cooled
- Liquid Cooled
- Passive Cooling Fabrics
- Phase Change Cooling
- Evaporation Cooling
Textile Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- Sports Apparel
- Protective Wearing
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: