Rising research & development activities associated with cooling fabrics is a key factor driving market revenue growth
The global cooling fabrics market size is expected to reach USD 3.59 Billion in 2028 and register a revenue CAGR of 6.6% during the forecast period, according to a latest report by Reports and Data. Market revenue growth is primarily driven by rising research & development activities associated with cooling fabrics. Companies are focusing on developing new types of fabrics made from various polymers that can help in efficiently transferring heat and wicking away sweat, while remaining water repellent from the outside. This is expected to drive market revenue growth during the forecast period.
Manufacturers are also increasingly investing huge sums in order to develop efficient cooling fabrics that would be applicable across various industries. For instance, Brrr, a cooling fabric innovator, announced launch of an advanced performance textile, ‘Brr Pro’ in December 2020. This new and enhanced textile are embedded with micro cooling minerals, high performance drying, and hyper wicking that work together in order to offer a fresh experience and superior comfort. Cooling fabrics are used for other apparel apart from activewear. These are particularly used for apparel utilized in extreme conditions such as deep-sea exploration and space or military uniforms. The cooling effect of this type of fabric significantly contribute to the performance, as well as safety of wearers.
Increasing demand for sustainable cooling fabrics is expected to drive market revenue growth during the forecast period. Self-cooling fabrics made from polyethylene can be recycled. Lower environmental impact of sustainable cooling fabrics on the environment as compared to that of other textiles is boosting demand for cooling fabrics.
Major players profiled in the global market report include Ahlstrom-Munksjö, Polartec, LLC, NILIT LTD, Nan Ya Plastics Corporation, COOLCORE LLC, Tex-Ray Industrial Co. Ltd., Formosa Taffeta Co., Asahi Kasei Corporation, HexArmor, and Invista.
Some Key Highlights in the Report
- In March 2021, MIT engineers announced that it has developed self-cooling fabrics from polyethylene, which are commonly used in plastic bags. This new fabric is expected to be more sustainable, compared to cotton and other common textiles, as polyethylene fabrics might have a smaller environmental impact over life cycles than nylon and cotton textiles. The fabric which would be developed from polyethylene is expected to encourage recycling of plastic bags and other polyethylene products into wearable textiles.
- Knitted segment is expected to register a rapid growth rate over the forecast period. Knitted cooling fabrics are extensively used in sports apparel and protective wearing, owing to soft structure and great breathability.
- Synthetic segment is expected to register largest revenue growth over the forecast period. Nowadays many companies are developing synthetic fabrics with enhanced evaporative characteristics for making these suitable for outdoor sports activities. Synthetic cooling fabrics have improved moisture and cooling management properties. These can help in regulating the body temperature by managing moisture and heat, which is further driving revenue growth of this segment.
- Sports apparel segment is expected to account for a significantly large revenue share over the forecast period. Cooling fabrics help in maintaining a comfortable body temperature during physical performance and hot weather. Hence, these are increasingly being used for manufacturing sport apparels. This factor is expected to drive revenue growth of the segment.
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to register robust revenue CAGR over the forecast period. Various manufacturers present in this region such as Nan Ya Plastics Corporation, Tex-Ray Industrial Co. Ltd., Formosa Taffeta Co., Asahi Kasei Corporation, are increasingly investing in the production of high-quality cooling fabrics to provide a wide range of fabrics for different end-use industries. This factor is expected to drive revenue growth of the market in Asia Pacific in the next few years.
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data has segmented the global cooling fabrics market based on textile type, type, application, and region:
Textile Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Million Square Meters, 2018-2028)
Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Million Square Meters, 2018-2028)
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Million Square Meters, 2018-2028)
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Million Square Meters, 2018-2028)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
To Identify The Key Trends In The Industry, Research Study At: https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/cooling-fabrics-market