Rising demand for calcite in the paper industry is a significant factor influencing the Calcite market.
The calcite market is expected to be valued at USD 14.99 billion in 2027 from USD 10.19 billion in 2019, registering a CAGR of 4.9% through the forecast period, according to Emergen Research’s current analysis. The market for calcite is experiencing strong growth, which can be attributed to the increasing demand from the paper industry for calcite. In the alkaline paper production process, calcite is used as a filler material in paper factories. Increasing demand for bulkier paper among consumers is a major factor responsible for the growing inclination among paper producers towards calcite. Calcite provides the graphic paper with superior optical characteristics and is relatively economical. Thus, the use of calcite for the production of paper drives the market.
Construction and building projects currently deploy calcite in limestone and marble forms to produce concrete and cement that can be applied in slurry form to provide the constructed structures with durability. In order to maintain growth momentum and eliminate poverty, developing economies in the Asia Pacific region have made an investment of USD 26.00 trillion in infrastructure development during the 2016-2030 period, which is equivalent to USD 1.70 trillion annually, according to a report published by the Asian Development Bank. It is estimated that the increasing focus on infrastructure development in the APAC region will boost the market for calcite in the next few years.
Key Report Highlights
- In August 2019, Graymont announced the acquisition of five Sibelco lime production plants and several Sibelco limestone quarries located on the eastern coast of Australia.
- Precipitated calcium carbonate is considered to be a highly economical mineral by substituting cost-prohibitive wood pulp and kaolin clay for the production of high-quality paper and other paper products.
- In the production of plastics and polymers, demand for calcite is likely to increase significantly during the forecast period. Calcite helps reduce the surface energy and imparts surface gloss and opacity, thus improving surface finish. Moreover, calcite enhances the stiffness and impact strength of plastics with its precisely controlled particle size.
- In 2019, the Asia Pacific region accounted for the largest share of the global market for calcite, which can be attributed to the growth of the region’s end-user industries, particularly in developing economies, such as India and China. The Asia Pacific market is driven by rapid urbanisation and rising levels of disposable income of people in the region.
- Key market participants include Nordkalk Corporation, Grupo Claidra, Omya AG, Huber Engineered Materials, Imerys SA, Greer Lime Company, LafargeHolcim Ltd., Mississippi Lime Company, Gulshan Polyols Ltd., and Mineral Technologies Inc.
Emergen Research has segmented the global calcite market in terms of product type, distribution channel, industry vertical, and region:
- Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- Ground Calcium Carbonate
- Precipitated Calcium Carbonate
- Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- Industry Vertical Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- Paints & Coatings
- Building & Construction
- Adhesives & Sealants
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
- North America
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/calcite-market