The global automotive sunroof market is expected to grow at an 11 percent CAGR between 2022 and 2032, reaching a worth of more than US$ 19 billion by 2032.
The market will be driven by rising passenger car sales, as well as rising per capita income and consumer expenditure on vehicle interiors and optimum ventilation. Additionally, the introduction of new vehicle models with sunroofs as standard equipment will result in significant growth.
Automotive solar sunroofs include pop-up, in-built, tile and slide, and top mount installations on the vehicle’s roof. Solar sunroofs are composed of glass and contain photovoltaic solar cells.
Takeaways from the Market Research
- From 2022 to 2032, the fastest-growing segment is the panoramic sunroof under the sunroof type segment, with a CAGR of 11.4 percent.
- In terms of value, glass sunroofs are expected to have the biggest share in the material market in 2022, accounting for more than 97 percent.
- By 2032, electric-powered sunroofs will dominate the market, offering an approximately US$ 12 billion incremental opportunity.
- By vehicle type, passenger vehicles are expected to be the market leader in 2022, with a market share of more than 80%.
- OEM is expected to account for more than 95% of the global market by sales channel.
- East Asia is expected to have the highest share of the global market by 2032, accounting for more than half of all sales 48%.
Key Players –
- Webasto Group
- Aisin Corporation
- Inalfa Roof Systems
- Yachiyo Industry
- Inteva Products
- Yutian Gaunjia (Mobitech)
- Magna International
- CIE Automotive
- BOS GMBH & CO. KG
- Signature Automotive Products