What Is Augusta Precious Metals?
Founded in 2012 by Isaac Nuriani, Augusta Precious Metals is a gold and silver IRA investing company that offers US citizens exposure to one of the most stable commodity markets. Augusta Precious Metals is headquartered in Beverly Hills, California, and it has more than ten certified depositories spread across the US.
Unlike most precious metal investing platforms out there, Augusta Precious Metals has a very narrow focus on high-quality gold and silver coins, which makes it an excellent option if you’re looking for the simplest way to get started. Augusta Precious Metals has an exclusive section for IRA Eligible Coins that comply with the purity requirement to qualify for IRA tax advantages.
All assets held by Augusta Precious Metals are insured by London underwriters, and they cover the shipping and insuring costs on most eligible purchases.
In this quick Augusta Precious Metals summary, I will go over all the best features of this platform. For more in-depth analysis, check out our full Augusta Precious Metals review.
Pros & Cons of Augusta Precious Metals
- Invest easily in gold and silver
- Choose from 5 categories of premium products
- 10+ depositary storage across the US
- Free shipping and insurance on qualifying purchases
- Assets in storage insured by London underwriters
- Fixed storage fee
- Comprehensive educational resources
- Excellent customer support
- $50,000 minimum investment
- Only offers gold and silver coins
Invest In Precious Metals With A Self-Directed IRA
With Augusta Precious Metals, you can invest in precious metals using funds from your IRA; the same tax benefits apply to Augusta’s gold IRAs. Creating an Augusta IRA account and investing in precious metals has never been easier, and you can get started in just three steps:
- Create your new IRA account with Augusta’s SDIRA custodian
- Fund your account using an existing IRA account
- Select gold and silver products and make a purchase
Augusta Precious Metals works closely with Equity Trust to provide IRAs to new clients. Equity Trust is the leading Self-Directed IRA (SDIRA) provider in the US, with over 30 years of experience and more than $25 billion in assets under management.
Choose From Dozens Of Silver And Gold Coins
Augusta Precious Metals mainly focuses on coins and bullions, and it offers five categories of premium products:
- Common Gold Bullion
- Common Silver Bullion
- Premium Gold
- Premium Silver
- IRA Eligible Coins
Keep in mind that only IRA Eligible Coins (at least 99.5% purity) qualify for tax-advantaged accounts like IRAs. Augusta Precious Metals offers dozens of IRA Eligible Coins, both silver and gold. If you’re looking to invest in gold, Acre Gold has excellent plans to purchase gold on a schedule.
Alternatively, you can try out JM Bullion, which not only accepts unconventional payment methods like crypto but also has a very low minimum investment.
Choose The Depositaries Closest To You From Across The US
Augusta Precious Metals works hard to offer investors across the US access to a network of depositaries, so wherever you are, you can access your precious metals at a moment’s notice. Currently, Augusta has access to more than ten private storage facilities spread across the US. Some of the storage facilities are located in:
- Los Angeles, CA
- Salt Lake City, UT
- Nampa, ID
- Las Vegas, NV
- Dallas, TX
- New Castle, DE
- New York, NY
You can reach out at any time to Augusta’s customer support for the complete list and location of each to find the one closest to you.
Free Shipping And Insurance On Qualifying Purchases
After you choose a shipping location, Augusta Precious Metals will cover the cost of shipping and insuring your precious metal until they’re delivered. In storage, your metals are secured in physical, top-of-the-line vaults and insured through London underwriters.
All Augusta Precious Metals depositaries offer rigid access-control protocols and cutting-edge security systems. You can contact customer support at Augusta Precious Metals, and they’ll be more than happy to answer any questions.
Augusta Precious Metals Fees
- Management Fees: Free
- Account Setup Fee (one-time): $50
- Storage Fee: $100/year
Augusta Precious Metals’ fixed storage fee is excellent if you’re looking to purchase large amounts of metals; most other platforms charge a percentage that scales with how much you buy and can be considerably more expensive in the long term.
However, if you’re buying a small amount, a platform like Apmex is your best bet.
Anyone can register and create an account, but Augusta Precious Metals only operates in the US. There are no special requirements to create an account; you need to add your email address to request the Free Gold IRA Guide. Here are the steps
- Visit Augusta Precious Metals’ website
- On the top right, click Get Started
- Scroll down and click Request Your Free Gold IRA Guide
If you use our link to sign up, you will receive a bonus credited to your account, and if you sign up for their referral program, you can earn from $165-$200 plus commissions whenever a friend signs up and makes an investment.
Augusta Precious Metals Best Business Bureau Reviews
Augusta Precious Metals has decent reviews from its users, and it holds an average rating of 4.96 on BBB. Here’s what some of those users have to say about Augusta Precious Metals:
- “I am all-in with this great company! From first reading their rating by Money Magazine as best in the business, and after already being turned off by two other celebrity-endorsed Gold IRA companies who applied immediate pressure and pushiness, I was instantly trustful and engaged by the superb team at Augusta.” – Don Z.
- “I recently worked with Agusta Precious Metals to invest my self-directed IRA into gold/silver. Every step of the process was explained fully and in a way to make sure I could understand. They made it very easy to complete the process from beginning to end.” – Patricia S.
- “Augusta Precious Metals is truly a professional and people-oriented organization. They understand customers’ concerns and go above and beyond to mitigate them..” – Claudio P.
- “My experience with Augusta Precious Metals has been excellent!! I was kept up-to-date on each activity throughout the set-up, funding, and transfer process.” – Murray S.
If you are not entirely convinced that Augusta Precious Metals is the right investing platform for you, but you’re still looking to invest in precious metals, we recommend Birch Gold; it has a broader range of metals and a very similar fee structure.
Augusta Precious Metals is one of the most accessible gold and silver dealer in the US, with more than ten depositaries to choose from, so you have easy access to your metals, plus free shipping. Augusta Precious Metals offers only high-quality gold and silver coins, which is ideal if you’re looking for IRA-eligible precious metals. We recommend this platform for investors looking to gain exposure to precious metals without the hassle of choosing from hundreds of products.