Water-soluble drugs are observing high demand as they offer high bioavailability and higher efficacy due to the generation of desired pharmacological responses in a body. These drugs are also processed efficiently in the body. Water solubility is a critical parameter while formulating a drug as it has a huge influence on the pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics of the drug. The solubility of a particular drug also affects its efficacy and bioavailability.
Pharmaceutical companies are adopting various techniques for enhancing the solubility of poorly soluble drugs, which include chemical or physical modifications and other methods, such as crystal engineering, particle size reduction, solid dispersion, salt formation, complexation, surfactant usage, and others.
Water-soluble drugs have decreased tissue permeability and are excreted faster than lipid-soluble drugs, which may negatively impact industry growth during the analysis period.
Key Highlights From Report-
- Based on route of administration, the oral segment is forecast to make significant revenue contributions to the water-soluble drugs market share over the forecast period. Oral intake of the drug is the most convenient and commonly opted for mode of drug administration. Cost-effectiveness, patient compliances, and ease of administration are the key factors propelling segmental growth.
- In the regional landscape, North America led the water-soluble drugs market with the largest revenue share in 2019 and is expected to gain major traction through 2027. In the U.S., more than 40% of the oral drugs sold are poorly soluble in water, which is prompting pharmaceutical companies to actively participate in extensive R&D activities. This, in turn, will boost regional industry growth in the coming years.
- The Asia Pacific region is projected to showcase considerable growth over the analysis period on account of the focus on the development of advanced healthcare infrastructure expansion of the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors, along with a rapid surge in drug R&D activities in the region.
- Key players operating in the global water-soluble drugs market are Cipla, Merck & Co., Pfizer, Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific, AstraZeneca, Novartis, Sanofi, Johnson and Johnson, GlaxoSmithKline, F. Hoffman-La Roche, Ltd., and Biogen, Inc., among others.
For the purpose of this report, Emergen Research has segmented the Global Water-Soluble Drugs Market on the basis of drug type, route of administration, end-user, and region-
Drug Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
· Antihypertensive Drugs
Route of Administration Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
· Intravenous Injection
End-User Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
· Ambulatory Surgical Centers
· Rehabilitation Centers
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/water-soluble-drugs-market