The global isoflavones market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.5% and surpass $2.3 billion in value by 2032. Isoflavones may have enhanced anti-inflammatory activities through increased antioxidant properties, for which there are several conditions that may improve with the use of isoflavones. For example, consumers who consume an isoflavone-rich soy diet in their teens may have a low risk of breast cancer later in life. In addition, isoflavones from fermented soybeans or soy protein can effectively lower blood sugar, thus inhibiting type 2 diabetes in humans.
Even isoflavone-based soymilk supplementation can eliminate diarrheal disease in infants compared to cow’s milk formulas. Research has shown that soy isoflavones can greatly reduce the bad cholesterol known as LDL, thereby inhibiting high blood cholesterol levels.
In addition, isoflavone sources, which are protein-based foods such as tempeh, tofu and related products, contain very low levels of cholesterol, and isoflavone supplements from these sources have been shown to be very effective in controlling blood cholesterol levels . levels in the human body. In addition, soy-based isoflavones can also lower blood pressure when consumed under certain conditions.
Consumers with IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) symptoms can effectively incorporate an isoflavones-based diet into their diet chart to improve symptoms and reduce abdominal pain. Menopause symptoms such as depression, irritability and hot flashes can also be reduced with an isoflavone-based diet. Even soy-based isoflavone supplements can increase bone density, which reduces the risk of osteoporosis. All the above factors are increasing consumer demand for isoflavones day by day, and manufacturers are motivated to launch a new series of products with different forms and applications to meet the demand well.
Key Findings of Market Study
- The isoflavone market has a sales value of US$1.4 billion in 2022.
- The isoflavone market is expected to grow at 5% annually through 2032.
- Global demand for isoflavones is projected to grow year on year (YoY) growth of 2% in 2022.
- The market for isoflavones is growing with a remarkable push towards production to reach US$2.3 billion in 2032.
- Healthy raw materials, improved packaging and products with cleaner labels will be the influential factors in consumers driving isoflavones sales around the world drives world. markets.
- Demand for isoflavones increased by 6 GR between 2017 and 2021.
- Cargill, Inc., Archer Daniels Midland Company, BASF SE, International Flavors and Fragrances and NutraScience Labs are expected to be the major players in the industry.
- Liquid, organic, soy-based isoflavones are in high demand by the nutritional and pharmaceutical industries, which have a significant market share.
“The emerging diets based on isoflavones, due to its nutritional profile and ability to produce healthy dietary supplements and nutraceuticals based on specific applications related to various health conditions, from menopausal syndromes to the treatment of heart disease and osteoporosis, have a high demand for the product among the consumers over the years. Time window,” Said by Analyst
Key brands associated with isoflavones focus on sustainable product development while expanding product lines with various modifications and extensive research procedures to drive industry growth and capture larger market share worldwide.
- Japanese company Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd has developed soy isoflavones called EQUELLE, which focus on equol, a compound produced when the specific ingredient in soy isoflavones, daidzein, is metabolized by gut bacteria to produce a more potent one to achieve result. than any raw soy isoflavone.
- Archer Daniels Midland Company offers its soy isoflavones under the name NovaSoy®, a plant-based product found in nearly 125 dietary supplements worldwide.