If you’re a Mac user, chances are you’ve come across the familiar QuickTime Player pre-installed on your computer. However, it’s not always the best choice when you’re trying to watch a movie or other video content. Luckily, it’s easy to switch your default video player to something more suitable. In this step-by-step guide, we’ll show you how to choose the right video player for Mac as your default Video Player. Get comfortable and have a look!
Why Change the Default Video Player?
As we mentioned above, it’s important to choose the right video player for your needs. There are a lot of different video players available and each one has its own set of features. Because of this, there isn’t a single video player that is perfect for everyone. This is why it’s a good idea to change your default video player to something more suitable. Since you’ll be using a new video player every time you play a video file, you’ll have access to all of the features that a particular player offers. This includes things like built-in features or special features unique to that program. This can be helpful since you don’t have to keep hunting for new features or wishing for the old ones to return. You’ll have them all the time and can make the most of the player you decide to use.
Popular Video Players for Mac
Let’s take a look at some of the most popular video players for Mac.
- Apple iTunes – iTunes can be used to play music and videos. It is a good option if you want a simple video player that is built right into your Mac. It comes pre-installed on a lot of Mac computers, so you may already have it. However, it doesn’t have many features compared to other video players.
- VLC – VLC is completely free and is a great option if you’re looking for a simple video player with basic features. It’s also available on other platforms like iOS, Android, and Windows. It’s a good option if you’re looking for something simple and free.
- QuickTime – This is the default video player on Mac computers. It’s pre-installed on Macs and offers a number of basic video features. It can also be used as a media player to play different types of media.
- Elmedia – MPV is a free, open-source video player. It’s a good option if you’re looking for a simple video player that is free. It can play many file types, including AVI, SWF, WMV, MP4, FLV, MKV, etc. You can download the free version and check the functionality of this tool.
- QuickTime Player – QuickTime Player is the default video player on Mac computers. It is a good option if you want a simple video player that is built right into your computer. It offers basic video features and can also be used as a media player to play different types of media.
How to Change the Default Video Player
Changing the default video player is an easy process and only takes a few steps. Before you begin, make sure you have the video player downloaded and installed on your computer. Once you’ve completed these steps, you can change the default video player and start enjoying the new video player. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open System Preferences. You can find this by clicking the Apple logo in the top left corner of your screen and clicking System Preferences.
- Click the “Accounts” option in the left menu. This will bring up a menu of different account settings.
- Click the “Selected Account” drop-down menu. This will show all of the available account settings.
- Select the account you want to change the default video player for. This will open the account settings and allow you to change the default video player.
- Click the “Open Other Apps” button and select the video player you want to use. This will open the video player and allow you to set it as your default video player.
Tips for Choosing the Right Video Player
Now that you know what a default video player is and how to change it, you’re well on your way to finding the right video player for your needs. However, it’s important to make sure that you choose the right video player for your needs. When choosing a video player, make sure you consider the following:
- Functionality – First and foremost, you want to make sure that the video player you choose offers the functionality you’re looking for. This includes things like built-in features or special features unique to that program. It can also be helpful if the video player you choose allows you to customize the layout or design.
- Appearance – You may want to consider the appearance of the video player as well. Some video players are designed to look a certain way while others allow you to customize the layout. You may also want to consider the design of the video player and how it fits with your computer.
- Compatibility – You also want to make sure that the video player you choose is compatible with your computer. This includes the operating system of your computer as well as other programs that may be installed on your computer.
- Ease of Use – Finally, you want to make sure that the video player you choose is easy to use. This includes the interface of the video player and how easy it is to navigate.
Now you know what a default video player is and why it’s important to change it. You also know what factors to consider when choosing a new video player and have been introduced to some of the most popular video players for Mac. With this information, you can easily change the default video player on your Mac computer and find the right video player for your needs.