The global mushroom cultivation market size was USD 16.65 billion in 2020 and is projected to reach USD 22.78 billion in 2028 at a CAGR of 3.9% during the forecast period. Incorporation of mushrooms in regular diets due to various health benefits and rising focus on more organic foods and diets among health-conscious consumers are some key factors driving market revenue growth.
Technological advancements and new and more efficient materials have been resulting in more cost-effective and high profit yields for mushroom farmers at greenhouses. These development in the recent past have made commercial mushroom cultivation easier and more productive. Mushroom farming includes a few easy steps such as composting, casing, spawning, and harvesting. Mushrooms are a good source of proteins, vitamins, and antioxidants that help in maintaining good health. Demand for mushrooms is high among vegans and is known to be a good alternative to meat products. Increasing preference among most vegan and non-vegan consumers in the recent past is a key factor expected to fuel market growth substantially going ahead.
Rising focus on healthy diet and food products has been resulting in steady shift towards more health and organic food products, including mushrooms, which is driving revenue growth of the global mushroom cultivation market. Also, demand for mushrooms has been relatively high in developing countries, and continues to increase rapidly.
In recent years, mushroom cultivation has gained popularity among small scale, large scale farms, and greenhouses. It has become a potential revenue source for farmers due to cost-effectiveness, limited space requirement, and low production cost and high demand.
Some key highlights in the report:
- The fresh mushroom segment is expected register a rapid revenue CAGR throughout the forecast period owing to growing awareness of consuming preservative-free food products.
- The button mushroom segment is projected to reach a relatively high revenue over the forecast period due to rising demand for button mushrooms owing to easy availability and high nutritional value.
- Easy accessibility to e-commerce platforms to purchase groceries due to easy transactions, and faster delivery has led to an increase online segment revenue growth in the recent past. The online segment revenue is expected to register a comparatively faster revenue CAGR than the offline segment during the forecast period.
- Europe accounted for the second-largest revenue share contribution to the global mushroom cultivation market in 2020 due to increasing consumption and demand for mushrooms due to medicinal properties and subsequent applications in the field, as well as rising utilization of advanced mushroom processing methods.
- Asia Pacific registered a rapid revenue CAGR in 2020 and is expected to continue its dominance of other regional markets during the forecast period. Rapid growth can be attributed to rising adoption of modern mushroom farming techniques, increasing vegan consumers along with rising awareness regarding health benefits. Japan and China account for highest revenue contribution to the market in Asia Pacific, and the trend is expected to continue over the forecast period.
- Key players in the market are Rheinische Pilz Zentrale GmbH, Walsh Mushrooms Group, Mycelia, South Mill Mushrooms Sales, Smithy Mushrooms Ltd., Monaghan Mushrooms, Societa Agricola Porretta, Fujishukin Co., Italspwan, and Mushroom SAS.
For the purpose of this report, Emergen Research has segmented the global mushroom cultivation market based on type, phase, form, marketing channel, and region as follows:
Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume: Million Tons; 2018–2028)
- Cremini Mushrooms
- Button Mushroom
- Oyster Mushrooms
Phase Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume: Million Tons; 2018–2028)
Form Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume: Million Tons; 2018–2028)
Marketing Channels Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume: Million Tons; 2018–2028)
Regional Outlook (Revenue: USD Billion; Volume: Million Tons; 2018–2028)
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Rest of LATAM
Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
Read Full Report Description@ https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/mushroom-cultivation-market