Barbarian is a relatively strong class in Diablo 4, especially in Endgame. But if you don’t have stronger builds and enough gear & Diablo 4 Gold for Barbarian, you might feel that Barbarian is useless.
Like Druids, Barbarian was also very confusing during Diablo 4’s research. Since the game’s release, Barbarian has become the most “nerfed” class of all classes in Diablo 4. While Barbarian build variety has been nerfed, it turns out that In Endgame, Barbarians are still very strong, so all you need to know is what makes them powerful with unique Diablo 4 Items. Next you’ll see two categories of the best Barbarian builds.
Whirlwhind Shout Barbarian
- Skills: Whirlwind, War Cry, Challenging Shout, Rallying Cry, Wrath of the Berserker, Ground Stomp.
- Unique Gear and Key Legendary Aspects: Needleflare Aspect, Razorplate, Aspect of Echoing Fury, Gohr’s Devastating Grips, Edgemaster’s Aspect, Bold Chieftain’s Aspect, Temerity.
Full Skill Tree
We mentioned above that Barbarian has been continuously weakened. Although Barbarian is far less powerful than before, it still has a certain deterrent effect compared with other classes.
First, most players will find that many versions of Whirlwind Barbarian use Lunging Strike. Lunging Strike provides a solution to Barbarian’s mobility issues, and it will have Fury’s effects like the other abilities. You can of course buy D4 Gold a lot to do this too, running Lunging Strike to Endgame in a Barbarian build.
But you must choose Barbarian because you don’t want to rely on basic attack anymore, so what do you need to do to generate Fury? Whirlwind spawns a lot of Fury when you’re hitting a lot of enemies, but it’s also a basic skill.
So what can replace Lunging Strike?
- Ground Stomp, it can produce effective AoE stun effect, in addition to reducing the cooldown time, it will be the best choice;
- Iron Skin is also a good option because you can use Legendary Aspects to turn it into damage.
This build is actually pretty simple, you need to gather all the enemies together, let out Roar and Wrath of Berserker, then immediately use Whirlwind to split them. While this build isn’t as effective against single enemies as it is against crowds, it’s certainly the best build in an Endgame.
A final thing to bring to your attention is that Barbarian is very stat dependent and you’ll need a lot of power to complete a Barbarian build, anything that helps spawn Fury should get your attention. In Endgame, Critical Strike Damage and Critical Strike Chance are also very important, if you need to take advantage of Vulnerable damage, you can use the help of Paragon Board.
Hammer of the Ancients Barbarian
- Skills: Wrath of Berserker, Lunging Strike, War Cry, Hammer of the Ancients, Rallying Cry, Challenging Shout.
- Unique Gear and Key Legendary Aspects: Edgemaster’s Aspect, Temerity, Aspect of Echoing Fury, Aspect of Ancestral Force, Conceited Aspect, Aspect of Limitless Rage, Bold Chieftain’s Aspect.
Full Skill Tree
For most Barbarian players, In Endgame, your popular choice may be Whirlwind, but if you want to divide it in terms of feasibility, Hammer of the Ancients is just what you need.
Hammer of the Ancients is a very simple melee attack that involves slamming your weapon at enemies, causing them some damage, and repeating your action over and over again. Hammer of the Ancients itself deals high damage to enemies, but you can also enhance this damage through your own actions:
- You can use Hammer of the Ancients in the character at full Fury, which can increase the power of Hammer of the Ancients by 100%;
- You can pick up Unbridled Rage, which can increase by 135%;
- You can further increase its power through Berserk Ripping’s Aspect, Edgemaster’s Aspect.
By making Hammer of the Ancients as powerful as possible in the above way, you have created a very effective strategy. In Endgame, you just cast all the shouts, then after the ultimate pops out, use Hammer of the Ancestors. The next thing you will see is that this very well equipped Barbarian uses Hammer of the Ancients once, it can deal the damage value is over 10 million, even the “lesser” Hammer of the Ancient strikes can reach millions.
Unlike Whirlwind, Hammer of the Ancients cannot spawn Fury of its own, but Hammer of the Ancients will rely on Fury values to provide a damage increase rate. When Hammer of the Ancients has launched an attack, if it cannot be destroyed, you need to wait for the cooldown to expire before launching the next attack.
But this problem can also be solved. Your first priority is to increase your rage, which will help you deal extra damage when using Hammer of the Ancients, and possibly reduce your cooldown.
If you’re interested in building the most Broken Barbarian in Diablo 4 Endgame, the above could help you.