The Global Automotive MEMS Sensor Market is expected to be valued at USD 4.84 Billion in 2027 from USD 1.79 Billion in 2019, registering a CAGR of 14.1% through the forecast period. Owing to the increasing demand for inter-vehicle connectivity, the industry is expanding substantially. The escalating need for safety, and several automotive applications for protection are further propelling the market’s growth. The demand for modern vehicles is elevating, as racing events are gaining immense popularity. This factor is augmenting the demand in the sector.
However, the lack of standardization in manufacturing procedures is foreseen to obstruct the sector’s development.
Grab Your Free Sample PDF Copy Now
Key Highlights from Report
- In March 2020, a renowned firm—STMicroelectronics announced that it had signed a contract for acquiring Exagan, a gallium nitride innovator. This deal is predicted to significantly improve its strategy, expertise, and business for high-power automotive, high-frequency, consumer and industrial applications.
- The accelerometer sub-segment is dominating the sector with 14.6% of CAGR. Several non-critical vehicle applications including telematics, navigation, infotainment, and security, accelerometers are considered appropriate for enhancing energy-saving functionality.
- Owing to the strict regulations, the increasing production rates of passenger vehicle, and the soaring demand for modern connectivity technologies, flow control systems, safety features, and other telematics features in passenger cars, the segment is growing significantly in the sector.
- Due to the distinct features and applicability, the OEM sub-segment has been holding the largest industry size, with the OEMs steady incorporation in the modern MEMS sensors in various types of vehicles.
- The Chassis & Safety sub-segment is dominating the market. The segment’s applications are majorly driven by the strict policies and regulations, including stability safety systems of vehicle, emission control systems of vehicle, and lane departure systems.
- In the projection timeframe, North America is foreseen to register the highest share in the sector, as the region holds several of the most popular automobiles manufacturing plants in the world.
- Major players in the industry include Analog Devices, Inc., InvenSense, Inc., Panasonic Corporation, General Electric Company, Sensata Technologies, Inc., Robert Bosch GmbH, Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd., Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., Hitachi, Ltd. and STMicroelectronics N.V.
Emergen Research has segmented the Global Automotive MEMS Sensor Market on the basis of type, sales channel, vehicle type, application, and region:
Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Pressure Sensor
Sales Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
Vehicle Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Chassis & Safety
- Body Electronics
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: