You may have already heard the name of crystalline solar cells, but have you any information about CIGS solar cells? CIGS thin film solar panel is the most versatile and powerful material. They are lightweight panels and don’t reduce their efficiency in low light. They are considered good for their durability and budget-friendly cost.
This article will give the complete know-how about the CIGS in detail, so keep reading!
What is CIGS Panel?
CIGS stands for copper indium gallium selenide. CIGS cells are thin film solar cells that efficiently convert light energy into electricity. They promise their high-end efficiency and exceptional thin film technology. They are mostly used in mobile equipment, buildings, transport vehicles, and roofs.
How are CIGS Solar Cells Made?
These cells are generated by using these major components to ensure their efficiency:
EVA means Ethylene-vinyl acetate, which is an elastomeric polymer. It gives a flexible and soft texture to these panels, just like rubber. These cells ensure UV radiation resistance, low-temperature toughness, good clarity, and stress crack resistance.
This is the low adhesive backing that is mainly used for protection from infections. They are the control barriers that are convenient to sanitize and disinfect the material easily.
ETFE stands for Ethylene Tetrafluoroethylene, which is considered one of the best substances for glass. It is considered prior for the applications that demand high UV and light transmissions like large-span roofing.
TPT means Tedlar Polyester Tedlar, a composite material used for the protective coverings of solar modules.
How does CIGS Works Properly?
CIGS solar cells convert the light into electric energy efficiently. They are flexible. That’s why they absorb the sunlight to perform their function instantly. This is the requirement of these panels that they need light, and when they get it, they start their work.
Why are CIGS Solar Cells at Top Priority?
There are several reasons why CIGS cells are prior in the ocean of solar cells:
- They give a stable output even in poor light conditions
- They are good for wet outdoor conditions because they are waterproof
- They can be incorporated into the materials easily
- They can fit in any curved structure
- There is no need for any retrofitting because they are lightweight in nature
- They ensure their durability and no risk of micro-cracks on the cells
Applications of CIGS Solar Cells
They are good for many purposes and points!
- They are used for utility-scale applications.
- They are good for rooftops or homes because the rooftop installation is easy, and they remain consistent in their efficiency even in extreme temperature conditions.
- These cells are most effective for generating flexible photovoltaic modules. They are adjustable to all sides of buildings, curved roofs, and strange structures.
- CIGS is the best technology to make solar cells due to its efficiency, performance, durability, and lightweight.
You will get a sparkle of excitement in your eyes if you think keenly about CIGS thin film solar panel and its future use. This is one of the best solar technologies with upcoming expected terms in the future to add. It is one of the strong, most revolutionized, and most efficient solar systems in the world. If you are looking for the best solar panels, contact us!