Rising demand for medical protective wear since the COVID-19 pandemic and emergence or variants and shift towards single-use disposable medical devices are key factors driving market growth
The global medical adhesives market size is expected to reach USD 14.78 Billion in 2028 and register a revenue CAGR of 7.0% during the forecast period, according to the latest report by Reports and Data. Market revenue growth is primarily driven by rising demand for medical protective wear since the COVID-19 pandemic and urgent need to ensure safety and protection of healthcare responders, personnel, and patients. Manufacturers of nonwovens and personal hygiene products are shifting production lines towards medical masks in order to meet steady global demand. Rising demand for adhesives for production of respiratory protective devices, medical face masks, surgical drapes, and isolation gowns is expected to continue to boost revenue growth of the market going ahead. In medical protective wear, adhesives are mainly utilized for lamination of the layers and elastic strap fixation. Manufacturers such as Henkel, 3M, and H.B. Fuller Company are increasingly investing in development of more reliable and high performance adhesives, which would be ideal for use in medical products. Medical device developers and manufacturers are increasingly utilizing adhesives for assembling and sealing medical devices and parts. Shift towards single-use disposable medical devices is boosting development of light cure adhesives such as light cure acrylics, light cure cyanoacrylates, and light cure silicones. These adhesives are utilized to assemble injectors, drug delivery devices, syringes, oxygenators, anesthesia masks, catheters, and blood filters, as well as a number of other devices. Increasing demand for adhesive skin patches for complex medical purposes such as drug delivery and long-term wound protection is also driving rising need for patches that are skin-friendly, have ability to withstand flowing water and tolerate moisture. These factors are expected to drive market revenue growth during the forecast period.
Top players in the market:
Ethicon, Inc. (Johnson & Johnson), Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, 3M, Baxter International Inc., Nitto Denko Corporation, B. Braun (B. Braun Melsungen), H.B. Fuller Company, Bostik (Arkema), Chemence, and CryoLife, Inc.
Some Key Highlights From the Report
- In February 2021, Toyochem, Co., Ltd. announced the launch of “Soft Skin” polyurethane-based Pressure-Sensitive Adhesives (PSAs). The new line of adhesives was developed in order to meet rising demand for low-trauma, safe medical devices formulated for individuals with sensitive skin types. Suitable applications include dressing films and surgical tapes customized for healthcare and medical fields and applications. The newly launched adhesives offer low skin exfoliation and high moisture permeability for a pain-free removal or repositioning of the adhesive material.
- Synthetic & semi-synthetic resin type segment is expected to account for largest revenue share in the global medical adhesives market over the forecast period. Synthetic and semi-synthetic resins like cyanoacrylate adhesives are the most widely utilized adhesives for bonding traumatized tissues because of their unique combination of chemical and physical properties.
- Solid & hot-melt based segment is expected to register considerable revenue growth over the forecast period. Flexibility in terms of bonding on both rough and smooth surfaces offered by hot melts is expected to boost revenue growth of this segment to rising preference for this type of product.
- Dental segment revenue is expected to expand significantly over the forecast period. Rising prevalence of oral health problems such as cavities, gum disease, and tooth decay is expected to increase utilization of medical adhesives in dental applications.
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to register robust revenue CAGR over the forecast period owing to increasing demand for medical protective wear, which includes medical face masks, isolation gowns and surgical drapes.
- Solid & Hot-melt Based
- Reactive & Others
- External Surgery
- Internal Surgery
- Medical Devices & Equipment
To Identify The Key Trends In The Market, Research Study At: https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/medical-adhesives-market