As per the new report published by Fact.MR, the global wearable payment devices market is anticipated to exceed a valuation of around US$ 15.6 Bn by 2021, and is expected to expand at a mammoth CAGR of around 29% over the forecast period of 2021 to 2031.
Wearable payment devices have witnessed noteworthy growth in the past few years. With the introduction of Host Card Emulation (HCE) and cashless payment methods, several financial institutions and banks have started utilizing the features of these electronic payment devices in order to expand their current customer base. Rise of HCE is attributed to growth is demand for wearable payment devices, as HCE allows wearable devices to allow card imitation on NFC-enabled devices without depending on access to an authenticated element. Furthermore, NFC, RFID, and HCE technologies are integral parts of wearable and contactless payment devices, owing to their features that support a seamless transaction experience.
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- South Asia is estimated to witness major growth during the forecast period (34% during 2021 – 2031).
- North America is anticipated to register the highest market share of around 31%, followed by Europe.
- In 2020, North America and Europe together accounted for 57% of global wearable payment device sales. The European market is expected to offer over US$ 35.6 Bn absolute dollar opportunity over the next ten years.
- In terms of device type, fitness trackers and payment wristbands together held around three-fourth of the global market share in 2020.
- Under technology, barcodes are estimated to cover a higher market share, accounting for around 30% of the market.
- Among the applications, with over 28%, retail accounted for the highest share of wearable payment devices.
How Has COVID-19 Boosted Sales of Wearable Payment Devices?
The COVID-19 pandemic has supported market growth for wearable payment device technology. Demand for contactless payments has surged a great deal during the pandemic to reduce the chances of virus spread through cash.
The pandemic increased awareness regarding wearable payment devices across the world. Customers are ready to accept these devices as they provide secure payment combined with other features of digital watches.
Contactless payment solutions are being incorporated by businesses on a large scale during these COVID times to keep their businesses afloat while combatting the pandemic.
Key Market Segments Covered
By Device Type
- Fitness Trackers
- Payment Wristbands
- Smart Watches
- Contactless Point of Sale Terminals
- Near Field Communication (NFC Wearable Payment Devices)
- Quick Response (QR) Codes
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID Wearable Payment Devices)
- Wearable Payment Devices for Festivals & Life Events
- Fitness Wearable Payment Devices
- Healthcare Wearable Payment Devices
- Retail Wearable Payment Devices
- Wearable Payment Devices for Transportation
Key Companies Profiled: Apple, Barclays PLC, Gemalto NV, Google LLC, Mastercard, Nymi, PayPal Holdings Inc., Samsung Electronics, Visa Inc., Wirecard Inc.
For detailed insights on enhancing your product footprint, request a sample here: https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=5795