The global water treatment biocides market is estimated to be valued at USD 5.74 Billion by 2027, according to a recent study published by Emergen Research. This growth is attributable to the factors such as an increase in the number of water treatment plants, the rising need for increasing efficiency of water treatment plants, and the need for controlling microbial growth in the stored water. Additionally, increasing awareness regarding cleanliness, especially at the public facilities, including swimming pools, are encouraging the adoption of water treatment biocides and, in turn, is driving the growth of its market.
Furthermore, the factors such as increasing lifestyle standards, rising disposable income, and scarcity of freshwater are boosting the adoption of biocides for water cleaning. In addition to this, the demand for biocides is increasing to remove waterborne pathogens to limit the spread of diseases through water is fueling demand for the water treatment biocides market.
These biocides are observing robust adoption from several end-use industries such as oil& gas and pulp & paper industries for water treatment. Additionally, the key players operating in the water treatment biocides market are increasingly investing in improving its performance and manufacture non-oxidizing biocides, which are utilized to control microbiological activities. These high-performance water treatment biocides have robust applications such as disinfection, water treatment for households, commercial cleaning, and environmental hygiene activities. Rising demand for biocides is driving the growth of the global water treatment biocides market.
Grab Your Free Sample PDF Copy Now
Key Highlights of Report
- In February 2020, Biochemica Water Ltd was acquired by Veolia Water Technologies UK. Through this acquisition, Veolia is expected to become one of the leading suppliers of water and wastewater treatment solutions industries in the U.K.
- Based on application, the oil & gas sub-segment acquired the largest market share nearly of 29.0% in 2019 and is estimated to retain its dominance during the forecast period. This growth of the segment is attributed to the key players in the oil & gas industry progressively looking for ways for water treatment in order to meet environmental regulations implemented globally.
- Among the product types, the non-oxidizing sub-segment is projected to exhibit its expansion at the fastest CAGR of 6.6% over the forecast period. This expansion is attributed to the increasing utilization of compounds such as quaternary ammonium complexes and glutaraldehyde compounds for water treatment across industries, including oil & gas, pulp & paper, and power plants. This surge in adoption is driving the segmental growth from past years and is projected to be the same in the coming years as well.
- Regionally, North America is estimated to account for the largest share in the revenue of the global water treatment biocides over the forecast period. This growth is credited to the surge in demand for clean and safe drinking water due to the scarcity of freshwater resources is driving the growth of the regional market.
- Key participants in the water treatment biocides market include Ecolab, Veolia, DuPont, Sigura, SUEZ, Solenis, BWA WATER ADDITIVES, Kemira, Nouryon, and Albemarle Corporation.
Emergen Research has segmented the global water treatment biocides market in terms of application, product type, and region:
- Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- Oil & Gas
- Municipal Water Treatment
- Pulp & Paper
- Swimming Pools
- Power Plants
- Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- Non-oxidizing Biocides
- Oxidizing Biocides
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
- North America
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: