The global ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia market size is expected to reach USD 420.2 million in 2028, and register a revenue CAGR of 7.1% over the forecast period. The market growth is significantly driven by increasing use of anesthesia systems for pain management, growing number of surgical procedures worldwide, surging prevalence of chronic and acute diseases, and the expanding geriatric population. Rising demand for postoperative pain management solutions, increasing orthopedic surgeries and joint replacements, and growing application of ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia across hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers are some of the other crucial factors responsible for market growth.
Ultrasound guidance facilitates the process of nerve blocks in regional anesthesia, helping avoid various complications such as intraneuronal and intravascular injection. Ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia is employed by anesthetists for real-time visualization of deep anatomical structures. It allows them to clearly see the needle tip pass through tissues through the intended path and avoid any contact of the needle with non-target structures. Advantages of ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia, such as enhanced visualization and identification of target nerves, have prompted their rapid adoption in surgical procedures. Therefore, rising demand for advanced nerve block techniques, increasing applications of ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia in obstetrics, especially childbirth and delivery, and growing usage in gastroenterological and cardiologic examinations are the other vital parameters expected to spur the global market growth. However, lack of healthcare professionals with adequate knowledge of operating advanced equipment is a significant factor predicted to restrict market growth in the upcoming years.
Some Key Highlights in the Report:
- Based on technology, the supraclavicular block segment is expected to account for the highest market share over the projected period. Supraclavicular block is a technique that anesthetizes shoulders or arms prior to a surgery. Rising awareness about the safety and efficacy of this technique, growing use in ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia, rise in the number of road accidents, and increasing surgical procedures have influenced this segment’s growth.
- Among end-users, the hospitals segment held the highest revenue share in 2020. Rapidly developing global healthcare infrastructure, increasing applications of ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia across hospitals, and surge in medical examinations and surgical procedures boost this segment’s growth.
- The North America ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia market is the most dominant regional market, with the highest revenue share. Rising prevalence of target diseases, increasing orthopedic surgeries, escalating number of ambulatory surgical centers, and surging adoption of advanced anesthetic devices are some of the most significant factors fueling market growth in North America.
- GE Healthcare, Philips, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Konica Minolta Healthcare Americas, Inc., Medovate, Fujifilm Sonosite, Havel’s, Smith’s Medical, Inc., Alpinion Medical Systems, and Vygon are the leading competitors in the global ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia market.
- In January 2021, Konica Minolta Healthcare Americas partnered with Medovate to develop SAFIRA, a Class II medical device providing ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia. The new device is designed to reduce injection pressure, automatically stopping it at a high pressure. Moreover, it lowers nerve injury risks and offers enhanced patient safety.
- In September 2020, Philips and B. Braun received the U.S. FDA clearance for their device called Onvision that provides real-time needle tip tracking during regional anesthesia.
For the purpose of this report, the global ultrasound guided regional anesthesia market has been segmented on the basis of probe, technology, end-user, and region:
Probe Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
- Linear Probe
- Curved Array Probe
Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
- Supraclavicular Block
- Interscalene Block
- Infraclavicular Block
- Axillary Block
- Femoral Nerve Block
- Transversus Abdominis Plane Block
End-user Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Rest of LATAM
Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/ultrasound-guided-regional-anesthesia-market