This article covers 5 methods of how to transfer data from Android to iPhone after setup. You can find effective ways to transfer photos, songs, videos, contacts, calendars, documents, and other files.
Way 1. Erase Your iPhone and Transfer Data
It helps you transfer contacts, messages, photos, videos, mail accounts, calendars, web bookmarks, etc.
If there is no important data on your iPhone, you may choose to erase your iPhone and transfer data via the Move to iOS app. You can let it help you transfer contacts to the new iPhone from an Android phone completely. No need to use a computer or USB connection – it helps you complete the transfer through a Wi-Fi connection.
- Erase your iPhone: go to Settings > tap General > tap Reset > choose Erase All Content and Settings > enter your passcode to confirm.
- On your Android phone: download Move to iOS app and launch it
- On your iPhone: set up your device until you see the App & Data screen > choose Move Data from Android.
- On your Android phone: tap Continue > read the terms and conditions and tap Agree > tap Next on the Find Your Code screen.
- On your iPhone: tap Continue and wait for a code to appear.
- On your Android phone: enter the code > choose the data you want to transfer > tap Next.
Then it will start the transfer. Just leave both devices alone and wait for a while.
Way 2. Transfer Data from Android to iPhone via AOMEI MBackupper
> It helps you transfer photos, videos, songs without data erase.
If you want to transfer photos, videos, and songs from Android to iPhone after setup, you can rely on one third-party tool named AOMEI MBackupper. It’s one iPhone backup tool as well as one iPhone transfer tool.
First transfer photos, videos, and songs from Android to computer and then let AOMEI MBackupper transfer them to iPhone. No data will be erased on the device.
- Plugin your Android phone to computer > Copy and paste needed photos, videos, and songs.
- Download, install and launch AOMEI MBackupper > Connect your iPhone to the computer via the USB cable.
- Click Transfer to iPhone option on the home interface.
- Click the Plus icon > Select the photos, videos, and songs you want to add to iPhone > Click Open to continue.5. Finally, click Transfer to start.
Way 3. Transfer Data from Android to iPhone via Send Anywhere
It helps you transfer photos, videos, songs, contacts, documents, and other files wirelessly.
Send Anywhere is one software that can run on most operating systems, iOS, Android, Windows, Mac. It is able to send files from any device to anyone in the world: share files using a 6-digit key in real-time; share files to others with a link; transfer files to a specific device; attach large files to email.
- Download Send Anywhere on Android phone and iPhone.
- Copy files from the Send menu’s file list to another folder.
- Choose the files to copy or move.
- Tap Edit Menu > Copy in the lower right corner > Choose a destination folder to save files.
Way 4. Transfer Data from Android to iPhone via Email
It helps you sync mail, contacts, and calendars from Android to iPhone.
Some Mail services let you sync personal data across different devices. For example, Google Gmail allows users to sync mail, contacts, and calendars between Android and iPhone. All you have to do is to turn on the Sync option on both devices.
- On your Android phone: go to Settings app > tap Account & Sync > choose your Gmail account > tap Sync Contacts/Mail/Calendars > tap Sync Now.
- On your iPhone: go to Settings > tap Accounts & Passwords > tap Add Accounts > choose Google > log in to your account > turn on the sync of Mail, Contacts, and Calendars.
Way 5. Transfer Data from Android to iPhone via Cloud Storage Services
> It helps you transfer photos, videos, documents, and other files.
Cloud storage services let users access files on any device. We can take advantage of this feature to achieve Android to iPhone transfer. First, upload files to cloud storage on an Android phone and then download files on iPhone.
- On your Android phone: download Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, or other apps > Log in to your account > Upload needed files.
- On your iPhone: download and open Google Drive > save files to the device.