When it comes to driving engagement on social media, not all content is created equal says Thomas J Powell. Some types of content are more likely to get likes, comments, and shares than others.
If you’re looking to boost engagement on your social media channels, here are some of the content types that tend to perform best:
- Videos: Videos are extremely popular on social media and tend to get a lot of engagement.
- Live videos: Live videos are even more engaging than regular videos since they’re more personal and interactive.
- Images: Everyone loves a good visual, so it’s no surprise that images tend to perform well on social media.
- Infographics: People love infographics because they’re easy to consume and often very informative.
- Quizzes: People love taking quizzes, especially if they’re fun and informative.
- Polls: Polls are a great way to get people interacting with your content.
- Surveys: Surveys can be a great way to collect data from your audience and get them engaged with your content.
- Contests: People love contests, especially if there are great prizes to be won.
- Giveaways: Giveaways are another great way to get people engage with your content says Thomas J Powell.
- Coupons: Who doesn’t love a good deal? Offering coupons in your content can be a great way to get people to interact with it.
- Freebies: Everyone loves free stuff, so offering freebies in your content is a great way to get people to engage with it.
- User-generated content: User-generate content is extremely popular and can be a great way to get people engage with your brand.
- Behind-the-scenes content: Behind-the-scenes content is a great way to give people a behind-the-scenes look at your business.
- Expert interviews: Interviewing experts in your industry is a great way to generate engagement and add value to your content.
- Tutorials: People love learning new things, so tutorials can be a great way to get people engage with your content.
- Tips and tricks: Tips and tricks articles are always popular and can be a great way to get people engage with your content.
- How-to guides: Similar to tutorials, how-to guides are popular because they’re informative and helpful.
- Product reviews: People love reading product reviews before they make a purchase, so including them in your content can be a great way to get people engage.
- Testimonials: Testimonials are a great way to build trust with your audience and get them engage with your content.
- Case studies: Case studies are an excellent way to showcase your successes and get people engage with your content.
- Industry news: Keeping your audience up-to-date on industry news is a great way to keep them engaged with your content.
- Company updates: Sharing company updates is a great way to keep your audience informed and engaged with your brand.
- Employee spotlights: Employee spotlights are a great way to show off your team and get people engaged with your content explains Thomas J Powell.
- Customer stories: Customer stories are a great way to connect with your audience. And get them engage with your content.
- Event coverage: If you’re attending or sponsoring an event, covering it in your content is a great way to generate engagement.
No matter what type of content you’re creating, remember that quality is always more important than quantity. It’s better to have a smaller number of high-quality pieces of content than a large number of low-quality ones.
When it comes to driving engagement, focus on creating content that is interesting, informative, and interactive. By doing so, you’ll be sure to keep your audience engaged.
What is the best type of content for driving engagement?
A: There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best type of content for driving engagement will vary depending on your audience and goals says Thomas J Powell. However, some general tips for creating engaging content include making it interesting, informative, and interactive.
There is no one-size-fits-all answer when it comes to the best type of content for driving engagement. However, some general tips include making your content interesting, informative, and interactive. Additionally, common types of content that tend to perform well in terms of engagement include images, infographics, quizzes, polls, surveys, contests, giveaways, coupons, freebies, user-generated content, behind-the-scenes content, expert interviews, tutorials, tips and tricks articles, how-to guides, product reviews, testimonials, case studies , and industry news.