People typically have mixed views about going to work and see it as a place to go in the morning when crammed into a crowded metro car. While employees eagerly anticipate every weekend, Friday is thought to be a day that offers a respite from boring tasks. However, since the spring of 2020, when the entire human race was under strain from the Coronavirus pandemic, the traditional approach to labor practices had to be reevaluated.
Billions of people all around the world have been compelled to take forced vacations, go into quarantine, and place their homes on lockdown because of the hazardous virus pandemic that originated in China and spread to Europe and America. Work activity abruptly came to an end. All economies encountered unforeseen challenges, with some states seeing a 25% decline. The anticipated return to the office was a trap because the cunning virus did not flee but merely temporarily calmed down.
People who had been working remotely from home for months suddenly found that they could perform many of their assigned responsibilities from home. Why go to work every day, risk your health, sit with coworkers, and break the saving social distance when you can just turn on the home computer and complete your work from the comfort of your own house? As a result, many businesses have chosen to implement a hybrid work model in which employees conduct some of their tasks remotely from their homes and, as needed, commute to offices to fill positions using desk booking software.
The hybrid system is widely used in the USA and Europe.
Key features and benefits of the hybrid system
People can now view work differently because of hybrid work schedules, where office workers complete some of their tasks from home.
The new approach has the following benefits:
- You don’t need to waste time traveling to work. People who live in big cities spend 1.5 to 2 hours of their private time each day just getting to and from work. Now it’s unnecessary because personal affairs will take up these two hours.
- It’s still unsafe at work. As they say on television, a virus evolves and is prepared to dazzle even the most sophisticated members of society, including programmers, HR managers, and office workers. Working from home is safer. There is no reason to put your health in danger while interacting with others.
- At home, people are more productive. They don’t interact with unfavorable people, feel free to set their own schedules, and never get the boss’s dirty glare. The teamwork becomes more fruitful as a result.
- Office maintenance is less expensive. Since there are fewer people working in the office, there are fewer expenses for lunch, cleaning, and energy.
People have recently learned that there are even more advantages to hybrid work. However, they shouldn’t mistakenly believe that this system of organizing office work leads to endless isolation. The employee is always free to schedule a working visit to the office and do things as usual, in the office.
How to set up the hybrid process
Managers and executives at large office firms still feel strange in a new hybrid work environment: some people are in the office, some are at home, and others come to the office and go home as they please. This system is quite challenging to understand and monitor, so staff control is required for this office work model to function effectively.
Key points to consider
- Remote work scheduling for individual employees and the frequency of their visits to the office
- Workplace safety
- Task execution and quality control in regard to implemented projects.
There are a few other points, but the bottom line is that each employee has to work hard and be beneficial to the company. How can you ensure control of the major aspects of the hybrid model? How can you reserve a place for the employee on his or her scheduled arrival day? How do you make sure that the social distance between the office staff is maintained? The UnSpot service can help you meet your strategic objectives.
How can UnSpot help?
UnSpot is a reliable service that permits you to establish and control the key aspects of hybrid work. Here are its main features:
- office desk booking system
- meeting room booking system
- office workload and work mode analytics
- tracking compliance with safety recommendations.
UnSpot is an automated program that enables the office center to efficiently schedule the office workload and organize the work process so that all participants are fully satisfied.
In conclusion, hybrid work is an innovative solution that will be widely used even after the virus is gone.