Your laptop is your lifeline on the go, and docking stations are an important tool to have while you’re working. From universal docking stations to specialized USB hubs, these 10 must-have gadgets are sure to enhance your productivity.
What are the absolute best laptop docking stations?
There are a lot of laptop docking stations on the market, but which ones are the best? Here are five of the best.
- The Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Docking Station: This is one of the best-rated laptop docking stations out there, and for good reason. It has two Thunderbolt 3 ports, so you can easily connect your laptop to it without any lag or slowdown. Plus, it also comes with a USB-C port, so you can use your other devices with it.
- The Anker PowerCore+ 26800mAh Portable Charger: This is another great option if you need a lot of power for your laptop. It has a whopping 26800mAh battery, which should be more than enough to charge your laptop multiple times.
- The Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming Laptop Dock: If you’re looking for something that will give you plenty of extra storage space, this is the dock for you. It has four USB 3.0 ports and an HDMI port so you can easily connect your device to TV or monitor.
- The HP ZBook 17 G5 Ultrabook Docking Station: If you want a high-quality docking station that will look great on your desk, check out this option from HP. It has a sleek design and comes with a built-in keyboard and trackpad so you can use your laptop as normal while it’s docked.
Must have gadgets for your desk
There are a few gadgets that you must have if you want to be productive on your computer. These include an external monitor, a good mouse and keyboard, and a good laptop docking station.
External monitors allow you to work on multiple projects at the same time without having to swap between windows. A good mouse and keyboard will make navigating your computer easier, as well as typing in long documents or emails. Finally, a good docking station can help save you space on your desk by connecting your laptop to an extra monitor, keyboard, and mouse so that you can work from anywhere in the room.
What to look for in a laptop docking station?
There are a lot of factors to consider when shopping for a laptop docking station, so let’s take a look at the most important things to look for.
First, you’ll want to make sure that the docking station has enough ports. Most will have at least two USB slots and an HDMI or DisplayPort output, but some may also have Ethernet and even audio outputs. You’ll also want to make sure that the ports are high-quality since you’ll be using them to connect your laptop to external devices.
Second, you’ll want to consider how easy the docking station is to use. Ideally, it should have simple controls and buttons so that you can easily switch between your laptop and the external devices connected to it.
And finally, you’ll want to think about how valuable the dock is as a standalone device. Some docks are only useful as a way of connecting your laptop to an external monitor or keyboard; others include extra features like wireless charging or storage space for your laptop’s files.
How to choose the right universal laptop docking station?
There are a lot of laptop docking stations on the market, and it can be difficult to determine which one is right for you. To help make your decision process a little easier, we’ve compiled a list of the best universal laptop docking stations.
If you’re looking for something that will work with both desktop and laptop computers, the Anker PowerCore+ 26800mAh Portable Charger is a great option. This dock has two USB ports and an AC outlet, so you can juice up your laptop or charge other electronics while it’s docked. It also has a built-in light for nighttime use.
If portability is important to you, the Aukey USB-C Docking Station may be a better choice. This dock has four USB ports (three of which are output), as well as an HDMI port and an SD card reader. It’s also small enough to take with you on the go, so you can use it at home or in the office.
If money is no object, the Dell Inspirion 5537 Mini Tower Dock is definitely worth considering. This dock has six USB ports (five of which are output), two mini DisplayPorts, and an Ethernet jack. It also comes with an aluminum stand so that you can use it as a desktop replacement if desired.
When is the best time to buy a laptop docking station?
If you’re in the market for a laptop docking station, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, what type of laptop do you have? If it’s a MacBook, for example, Apple makes its own dock that’s compatible with its devices. On the other hand, if your laptop is from another brand, there may not be a specific dock made specifically for it.
Another factor to consider is how much storage space you need. Some docks have extra USB ports and HDMI slots so you can connect more devices at once. Others only have one or two dedicated ports, so make sure to check the specs before purchasing.
Finally, consider your budget. A higher-end dock may include features that you don’t need right now but might want down the road. Alternatively, a cheaper option might be perfect right now but could use an upgrade later on. It all depends on what you’re looking for and what fits into your budget.[/caption]
Laptop Docking Station Buying Guide
Looking for the best laptop docking station? Here’s a buying guide to help you find the perfect one for your needs.
- Consider your usage. Do you need a large capacity to hold your laptop and other peripherals, or are you just looking for a place to easily plug in your laptop when you’re working from home?
- What features are important to you? Is the portability key, or does the dock need to include extra ports such as an SD card reader or HDMI output?
- Are price and convenience important factors? Does the dock have multiple USB ports, or is wireless charging supported?
- Think about what type of laptop you own. Do you have an Apple device, a Windows machine, or something else entirely? Make sure the dock supports the type of laptop that you own.
- Consider how often you plan on using the docking station. If it’s only going to be used occasionally, then a cheaper model may be fine. However, if you plan on using it frequently, then invest in a more expensive option that will last longer and include better features.