The global radiation therapy quality assurance (QA) phantoms market size is expected to reach USD 36.4 Million in 2028 at a CAGR of 4.4% during the forecast period. Quality check and assurance before administration radiation therapy to a cancer patient is imperative to ensure the radiation dose administered is as prescribed by the doctor. Radiotherapy units are need to be checked on a daily, monthly, and annual basis. Enhanced patient and machine quality, rising burden of cancer, and rapid use of tissue-equivalent phantoms are key factors driving revenue growth of market over the forecast period.
Comprehensive quality assurance program is imperative in radiation oncology because accuracy of radiation doses plays a vital role in radiation therapy processes. Quality assurance in radiation therapy verifies safe and consistent fulfilment of dose prescription to target volume ensure normal tissue receive the lowest dose and there is minimal exposure to medical personnel. Quality assurance phantoms enable radiation physicist to recheck beam calibration, dose calibration, treatment planning, and patient position to ensure proper therapy is given to the patient. Better and efficient radiation treatment is available in the developing countries owing to rapid advancements in medical technology and equipment. Increasing concerns surrounding patient safety during radiation processes has led to implementation of stringent regulations and policies and this is expected to boost demand for phantoms across healthcare sector.
Some Key Highlights in the Report:
- Cobalt-60 segment is expected to register a significant revenue CAGR of 4.5% during the forecast period. Cobalt-60 is predominantly used to maintain accurate level of radiation dose and eliminate malignant cells in cancer treatment and this is expected to drive segment revenue growth going ahead.
- Brachytherapy segment revenue is expected to expand significantly over the forecast period owing to increasing use of brachytherapy quality assurance phantoms to check area and volume, penetration depth, axial and lateral resolution, and other crucial parameters after treatment procedures are planned.
- North America accounted for largest revenue share in the global market in 2020 and revenue is expected to expand significantly over the forecast period. Growth can be attributed to increasing investment and focus on developing cutting edge technology, improvements in systemic radiation therapy to improve patient outcomes, and robust presence of major medical companies in the region.
- Major companies operating in the market include Computerized Imaging Reference Systems, Inc., Fluke Biomedical, IBA Dosimetry, Modus Medical Devices Inc., PTW Freiburg GmbH, Standard Imaging Inc., Sun Nuclear Corporation, The Phantom Laboratory Inc., Gammex Inc., and Gold Standard Phantoms.
- In November 2020, PTW Freiburg GmBH (PTC) signed a distribution agreement with QRM GmBH under which PTW became the exclusive distributor of tissue-equivalent phantoms developed by GmBH from January 2021.
For the purpose of this report, Emergen Research has segmented the global radiation therapy quality assurance (QA) phantoms market based on technology, therapy, application, and region as follows:
Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
- Linear Accelerators
- High-Dose Radiation
- Low-Dose Radiation
Therapy Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
- Photon Beam Radiation Therapy
- Advanced 3-D Conformal Radiation Therapy
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy
- Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy
- Intraoperative Radiotherapy
- Neutron Beam Therapy
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
- Prostate Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Head and Neck Cancers
- Skin Cancer
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/radiation-therapy-quality-assurance-phantoms-market