According to specialists, there is no secret to running a successful PPC campaign. Really good campaigns are built by hard-working people who understand their audience and use the right tools that help them keep the campaign and its outcome under control.
Therefore, we will take a look at the factors that are most influential for a PPC campaign’s success and discuss the pros and cons of using ads to boost your sales.
How to Run Successful PPC Campaigns
If you understand how PPC works and what drives your target audience to click that ‘Buy Now’ button, you have the knowledge required for as many successful campaigns as you want. However, if you have the knowledge, you also know a campaign can’t be successful without these main factors:
#1: PPC Ads Monitoring
You can’t’ set your ads and expect results the very next day. Moreover, if you’re the ‘set it and leave it’ kind of advertiser, we can guarantee a low success rate.
Successful ads require constant monitoring and adjusting to fit the audience and follow the market trends. In addition, according to this guide, the type of PPC monitoring tool you’re using also has an impact on your campaign’s success. This happens because each tool features different tasks that may or may not fit a business’s needs.
#2: Focus on the Right Keywords
Before setting up a PPC campaign, one must know their goals (brand awareness, increased traffic, increased conversions, and so on). Correctly identified and expressed goals lead to using the right keywords for your ads.
#3: Work on Timing
Unless you know for sure your audience is going to be online 24/7, your ads shouldn’t be running on an infinite loop!
Take some time to observe and identify the times of day when the target audience is most likely to be online and interested in clicking on your ads. By doing this, you can focus the budget on the busiest times and make the ads more visible, with a better chance to get clicked on.
Pros & Cons of PPC Ads
PPC ads are not a one-size-fits-all solution. This type of campaign is just one cog in your marketing strategy, and you need to be aware of both the pros and the cons in order to use it correctly and accomplish your goals.
- Increased visibility – your ads will be placed at the very top of search results, so even if users don’t click on them, they will see your brand’s name and take notice. This makes PPC campaigns great for newly launched sites and pages, to get the traffic rolling.
- Targeted focus – PPC campaigns are amazing for niche advertising as you can use hyper-specific keywords and set your focus on various segments of your audience.
- Good budget distribution & control – the ads system is designed to offer payers maximum control on how they spend their money. You can set limits, alerts, and create rules that fit your needs.
- Not a long-term strategy – the moment you close the PPC campaign, you’ll notice a decrease in traffic to previous organic results.
- Bidding wars – you’re not the only one who wants to show up at the top of the first page, for a specific keyword. Therefore, you may get caught in various bidding wars that will drive up your spending.
- You pay per click – whether it’s an intentional click but the user decides not to buy or it’s an accidental click, you will be charged for it.
As you can see, PPC campaigns are not a magical solution for getting more traffic and finding new customers. However, when used correctly and in combination with a well-thought SEO strategy, ads can give you the boost to climb new marketing highs.