According to a recent report by Emergent Research, the global market for peritoneal dialysis would be valued at USD 5.73 billion by 2027. Increased frequencies of kidney disorders, lifestyle diseases, and chronic illnesses that interfere with the kidneys’ ability to remove waste from the blood are the main factors affecting the market. Additional factors that contribute to the market expansion include increased investment in healthcare systems and technological advancements in medical devices and diagnostic tools.
During the projected period, factors including rising end-stage renal disease (ESRD) prevalence, technical advancements in peritoneal dialysis cyclers, and rising demand for home dialysis treatment are anticipated to propel the growth of the peritoneal dialysis market. Peritoneal dialysis also has some benefits, including lower costs compared to hemodialysis, needle-free therapy, portability, ease of treatment, and fewer dietary restrictions, which all contribute to the market’s expansion globally.
Further key findings from the report suggest
- With its machine-free performances and higher efficacy in daily activities, Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis (CAPD) has received widespread preference and holds a larger market share than Automated Peritoneal Dialysis (APD).
- A significant economic expansion along with a noticeable shift in patient preference for a better treatment system, both of which help drive market enforcement, are driving the rapid development of healthcare instruments and techniques in the developing regions of Asia and the Pacific, which is also contributing to an increase in the incidence of chronic diseases.
- The company’s main source of revenue is renal care, and an investment in that industry would quickly raise the company’s market worth.
- Key players in the market are Baxter International, Nipro, B. Braun Melsungen, DaVita Healthcare Partners, Covidien, Dialysis Clinic, Fresenius Medical Care, Diversified Specialty Institute Holdings, Medical Components, Huaren Pharmaceutical, NephroPlus, Northwest Kidney Centers, Satellite Healthcare, NxStage Medical, Renal Services, Sandor, Sichuan Kelun Pharmaceutical, and U.S. Renal Care, among others.
For this report, Emergen Research has segmented the global Peritoneal Dialysis Market based on Product, Type, End-User, and Region:
Product Outlook (Revenue: USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Peritoneal Dialysis Solution
- Peritoneal Dialysis Set
Type Outlook (Revenue: USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis (CAPD)
- Automated Peritoneal Dialysis (APD)
End-User Outlook (Revenue: USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Home-Based Dialysis
- Dialysis Center & Hospital-Based Dialysis
Regional Outlook (Revenue: USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- North America
- the UK
- the Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
To get leading market solutions, Visit the Link