The global military communication systems market is expected to be valued at USD 44.89 billion in 2027 from USD 33.06 billion in 2019, registering a CAGR of 3.8% through the forecast period. Military communication systems play an integral role in warfare. These systems are highly efficient devices that cater to the seamless and secure communication needs of all military platforms. Armed forces extensively use these devices to convey critical information and deliver important audio and visual signals during military operations. The modern-day military forces employ a wide array of military communication systems, including telephonic, data transmission, telegraphic, phototelegraphic, and radio devices. The most commonly used military communication means include tactical ground-based communications, terrestrial microwave, naval signaling, satellite communications systems, tropospheric scatter, direction finding and jamming, and security and surveillance equipment.
The global military communication systems market is estimated to grow at a significant pace over the forecast years, supported by numerous growth-inducing factors. The rising deployment of geospatial intelligence, increasing usage of AI and IoT-enabled devices and sensors in the military & defense sector, growing security concerns associated with military communications, and the rising focus on governments on enhancing the operational efficiency of the military industry are the pivotal factors influencing the global market growth. A rise in government initiatives to promote advanced communication technologies in the military sector, fast-paced developments in military infrastructure, increasing incidences of cybercrime and data breach, and rising investments in foreign intelligence platforms are other indispensable factors contributing to market growth. Furthermore, the escalating adoption of state-of-the-art military communication systems, such as aerial surveillance vehicles, battlespace management systems, and C4ISR (control, command, communication, computer, intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance) systems, further boosts the global military communication systems market growth.
Key findings from report:
- Based on end-user, the defense intelligence sub-segment dominates the global military communication systems market in terms of revenue. The segment is expected to record the fastest CAGR of 6.3% over the forecast timeframe, owing to the growing integration of intelligence protocols in the military sector, such as next-generation communication, advanced surveillance and reconnaissance, cyber control systems, and information fusion & data analytics.
- The Asia Pacific region, led by India, Japan, China, and South Korea, has emerged as the most dominant regional market, retaining the highest revenue share. The regional market growth is mainly accredited to the rising border threats from neighboring countries and technological developments in the military infrastructure.
- Prominent companies operating in the global military communication systems market include The Boeing Company, Lockheed Martin, BAE Systems, Rockwell Collins, Elbit Systems, Thales Group, Northrop Grumman, Leonardo S.p.A., General Dynamics, and Raytheon Company.
- In July 2020, SpaceX, the leading American aerospace manufacturer, launched the first military communication satellite of South Korea, dubbed ANASIS-II, from the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida, U.S.
- In May 2020, BAE Systems fully acquired the airborne tactical radio solutions portfolio of Raytheon Technologies Corporation to provide high-performance electronic mission and control solutions for military operations.
For the purpose of this report, the global military communication systems market has been segmented on the basis of component, application, platform, end-user, and region:
By Component (Revenue: USD Billion; 2017-2027)
By Application (Revenue: USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Homeland Security & Cyber Protection
- Military Critical Infrastructure
- Military Commands
- Emergency Services
- Routine Operations
- Transportation System
By Platform (Revenue: USD Billion; 2017-2027)
By End-user (Revenue: USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Air Force
- Defense Intelligence
- Commercial Services
Regional Outlook (Revenue: USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/military-communication-systems-market