According to the most recent report by Emergent Research, the worldwide micro-needle patch market is anticipated to reach a market size of USD 639.4 Million at a revenue CAGR of 6.1 percent in 2028. The demand for micro-needle patches has grown as a result of rising rates of needle-stick injuries and ailments connected with a sedentary lifestyle. One of the factors propelling market expansion is the rise in demand for self-administered medicine services. Businesses are also concentrating on biodegradable microneedles, which can accelerate market expansion. Dissolving microneedles are also anticipated to contribute to the market’s expansion. Another element driving the market’s expansion is research focused on the creation of metallic micro-needle arrays. Compared to other conventional procedures, micro-needles provide simple treatments for chronic illnesses. This favorably encourages market expansion even more. Globally rising government spending in the healthcare sector is also helping the market expand.
This is a painless method of drug delivery that reaches the skin’s epidermis. The microneedle has a wide range of uses, including cosmetics, healthcare, small surgery, and more. The market is expected to rise at a faster rate over the projected period due to the microneedle patches’ standout qualities, including painless penetration, low cost, outstanding therapeutic performance, and relative safety.
The market is driven by the development of new technologies such as the use of dissolving microneedle patches that make drug delivery simple and provide immediate comfort to patients and the use of microneedles for vaccinations.
Key Highlights of Report
- Johnson & Johnson unveiled a fentanyl transdermal system in August 2019 to treat patients with severe pain.
- To develop transdermal medication delivery technologies, including microneedles, Sparsha Pharma USA and Nemura Pharma partnered in September 2019.
- At the international cosmetics trade show in Paris in October 2018, Nissha Co. Ltd. displayed Microneedle 2.0, a dissolving micro-needle technology. It is a cutting-edge technique for aesthetic therapy that efficiently administers the medication to the desired location.
- North America held the greatest revenue share in the global market in 2020, and it is anticipated that it will continue to expand quickly over the next few years. This is related to the region’s expanding use of dissolving microneedles. Modern inYourfrastructure for research and development in the area also contributes to the market’s expansion.
- 3M Company, Becton Dickinson and Company, Zosano Pharma Corporation, Rapha’s Co. Ltd., Nanopass Tech, Corium International, Inc., Valeritas, Inc., Nitto Denko Corporation, Microdermics, Inc., and Sanofi S.A. are significant market participants in the micro-needle patch industry.
For this report, Emergen Research has segmented the global micro-needle patch market based on type, end-use, and region:
- Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
- End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Cosmetic Therapy Centers
- Academic and Research Institutions
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
- North America
- THE US
- the UK
- Rest of Europe
- the Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
- North America
Browse Full Report Description + Research Methodology + Table of Content + Infographic