The global mice model market size is expected to reach USD 2.00 billion in 2027 and register a CAGR of 6.8% during the forecast period. Rising investments in research and development in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry is influencing market growth.
Technological developments in gene editing have increased the overall utilization of mice models for research in biotechnology and pharmaceutical sectors. These mice models find applications in various research fields such as immunology and oncology. Additionally, growing utilization of mice models for production of personalized drugs is expected to surge the global mice model market in the coming years.
However, rising oppositions by various organizations on mice testing and continual research for animal study alternatives are expected to limit growth of the mice model market.
Some key highlights in the report:
- The CRISPR segment is expected to register the highest revenue CAGR over the forecast period owing to advantages of CRISPR over other technological segments. It reduces the time required to alter target genes and is more effective than other methods.
- In context to the application, the cancer segment is predicted to dominate the market in terms of revenue during the forecast period. Mice models are used to study biological process of a typical gene and are a vital resource in transcriptional cancer study.
- The pharmaceutical segment revenue is expected to account for largest share over other end-use segments in the global market over the forecast period. Rapid utilization of mice models in veterinary research and drug discovery and incorporation of mice model in production of vaccines for various infectious diseases is surging the segment growth.
- Asia Pacific market is projected to register a rapid revenue CAGR throughout the forecast period owing to growth of biotechnology industry, mandatory testing on animals for cosmetic products from China, and increasing gene therapy and biomedical research in Japan.
- North America held the highest market in 2019 and is expected to continue dominating the global market during the forecast period. High revenue contribution is attributed to existence of robust market players, sudden growth in pharmaceutical research and biotechnology industry, and rise in pre-clinical CROs in the region.
- Key market participants include Envigo Ltd, TransViragen Inc., Charles River Laboratories International Inc., GenOway S.A., The Jackson Laboratory, Ozgene Pty Ltd, GVK Biosciences Private Limited, Taconic Biosciences Inc., Pharmaron, Inc., and Horizon Discovery Group plc.
- Charles River Laboratories International, Inc. acquired Citoxlab Group in April 2019. This deal is expected to solidify Charles River’s position as the leading, multinational, initial CRO by expanding research pipeline and geographic scope. This is likely to enhance company’s ability to partner with clients from drug discovery and development.
For purpose of this report, Emergen Research has segmented the global mice model market on the basis of type, service, technology, application, end-use, and region.
Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- Spontaneous Mutant
Service Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- Genetic Testing
Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- Nuclear Transfer
- Embryonic Stem Cell Injection
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- Research & Development
- Cardiovascular Studies
- Genetic Studies
- Infectious Diseases
- Neurological Diseases
End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- Contract Research Organizations
- Academic & Research Institutes
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Rest of LATAM
Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/mice-model-market