According to a current analysis by Emergen Research, the global membrane bioreactor (MBR) market size is expected to reach USD 4.99 Billion in terms of revenue from USD 2.98 Billion in 2019, at a CAGR of 7.1% through 2027. The market growth is driven by the extensive usage of membrane bioreactors for wastewater treatment applications by municipal corporations.
Rising concerns regarding the degradation of the environment and increasing awareness regarding effective wastewater treatment are the key factors fuelling the demand for membrane bioreactors. The technology provides an eco-friendly solution for municipal and industrial wastewater treatment. Membrane bioreactors are gaining massive popularity as they require less time compared to the conventional municipal wastewater treatment processes and are highly cost-effective as well. Advanced membrane bioreactors significantly enhance the quality of the treated water as compared to conventional treatment methods.
The production of clarified, high-quality, largely disinfected water obtained with the help of membrane bioreactors is propelling industry growth. Moreover, the introduction of cost-effective and eco-friendly membrane bioreactors, along with the rising need to remove pathogenic bacteria, viruses, and micro-pollutants in the sludge, will foster membrane bioreactors market revenue share over the forecast period.
Grab Your Free Sample Copy Now
Key Highlights of Report
- On the basis of system configuration, the submerged membrane bioreactor sub-segment accounted for nearly 57.7% of the global membrane bioreactor market in 2019. The segmental growth is driven by the high biodegradation efficiency and low energy requirement of submerged membrane bioreactors.
- Based on membrane type, the hollow fiber sub-segment is expected to showcase a growth rate of 7.6% over the projected timeframe. Hollow fibers are experiencing high demand over flat-sheet and multi-tubular membranes due to their lesser operational and maintenance costs.
- Based on application, the municipal wastewater treatment sub-segment contributed significantly to the global membrane bioreactor market share in 2019 and is set to gain traction through 2027. The segmental growth is driven by extensive usage of membrane bioreactors by municipalities after the imposition of strict laws by the regulatory bodies on wastewater discharge.
- In the regional landscape, the APAC region held a major chunk of the global membrane bioreactor market share in 2019 and is expected to report major revenue gains through 2027. The increasing population and rapid growth of the industrial sector in the region is resulting in heavy consumption of membrane bioreactors among municipalities and industries.
- Key participants in the global membrane bioreactor market include Evoqua Water Technologies LLC, Toray Industries, Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies S.A., Kubota, SUEZ, Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings, Huber Technology, Koch Separation Solutions, Alfa Laval, and Parkson Corporation, among others.
- These industry players are adopting several strategies such as acquisitions, mergers, collaborations, new product development, and capacity expansion, thereby supporting the overall growth of the membrane bioreactor market revenue.
- A leader in managing critical water treatment solutions, Evoqua Water Technologies LLC, acquired Ohio-based Aquapure Technologies, a water service and equipment company, in September 2020. This acquisition is expected to strengthen the service capabilities of Evoqua Water Technologies in Ohio and its surrounding areas.
Emergen Research has segmented the global membrane bioreactor market on the basis of system configuration, membrane type, application, and region:
- System Configuration Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- Membrane Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- Flat Sheet
- Hollow Fiber
- Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- Industrial Wastewater Treatment
- Municipal Wastewater Treatment
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
- North America
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: