As the use of cannabis becomes more mainstream, it’s essential to know how to properly store your cannabis to ensure it remains fresh and potent. Cannabis is a natural product, and like all natural products, it’s susceptible to degradation over time. When stored improperly, cannabis can lose its potency, flavor, and aroma, which can greatly impact the quality of the product.
One of the most popular and convenient ways to store cannabis is in plastic containers. Cannabis plastic packaging is both lightweight and durable, making it an excellent option for those who need to transport their cannabis on the go. However, it’s crucial to store your cannabis correctly to ensure its freshness and potency.
Here are a few tips to help you properly store your cannabis in plastic containers:
- Choose the right plastic: Not all plastics are created equal, and it’s crucial to choose a high-quality plastic container that won’t leach chemicals into your cannabis. Look for containers made from BPA-free, food-grade plastic, which is safe for storing cannabis. These containers are specifically designed to store food and other perishable items, and they are less likely to affect the quality of your cannabis.
- Keep it airtight: Air is one of the biggest threats to the freshness of your cannabis. Oxygen is a naturally occurring oxidizing agent, and it can cause the potency and flavor of your cannabis to deteriorate over time. Make sure you choose a container with a tight-fitting lid to keep out as much air as possible. Consider using a vacuum-sealed container, which removes all the air from the container and helps to preserve the freshness of your cannabis.
- Avoid exposure to light: Light can also be harmful to your cannabis, as it can cause it to deteriorate and lose its potency. UV light, in particular, is known to break down the cannabinoids in cannabis, reducing its potency. Make sure to store your cannabis in a cool, dark place, and choose a container that is opaque or has a dark color to minimize exposure to light.
- Store at the right temperature: Cannabis should be stored in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight and heat sources. The ideal temperature range for storing cannabis is between 50°F and 70°F (10°C to 21°C). This temperature range helps to prevent the growth of mold, bacteria, and other contaminants that can affect the quality of your cannabis. Additionally, it helps to preserve the potency and flavor of your cannabis by slowing down the degradation process.
- Use a humidity pack: If you live in a particularly dry climate, consider using a humidity pack to keep your cannabis at the ideal moisture level. This will help prevent your cannabis from becoming too dry, which can lead to a loss of potency and flavor. A relative humidity of 60% is considered optimal for storing cannabis, and humidity packs can help maintain this level of humidity.
In conclusion, properly storing your cannabis in plastic containers is crucial to preserving its freshness and potency. By following these simple tips, you can help ensure that your cannabis remains fresh and potent for as long as possible. Additionally, consider investing in a premium cannabis packaging option like Gilpack to help protect your cannabis and maximize its freshness. With the right storage solutions, you can enjoy the benefits of cannabis for longer and make the most of your investment.