The global mammography workstations market is expected to be valued at USD 178.0 Million in 2027 from USD 110.5 Million in 2019, registering a CAGR of 6.8% through the forecast period. A mammography workstation is a breast imaging device that provides high-resolution imaging and captures, archives, and safeguards digital images and information. These workstations support cancer diagnostic workflow, as well as screening. The global mammography workstations market is projected to account for a significantly higher revenue share over the forecast timeline. The growing prevalence of breast cancer worldwide, the surging need for early cancer diagnosis, technological enhancements in breast cancer imaging techniques, such as the introduction of breast tomosynthesis, are the key aspects of the global mammography workstations market growth.
Breast cancer is regarded as the most common type of cancer in women. As reported by the WHO, over 0.6 million women died of breast cancer in 2018, which accounted for nearly 15% of all cancer deaths across the globe. The global mammography workstations market has gained major traction over the years due to the emergence of state-of-the-art mammography diagnostic devices, increasing new product launches, increasing FDA approvals for these products, and higher investments in R&D activities to develop advanced breast cancer detection techniques. However, mammography workstations are incapable of detecting all types of cancer, which is a significant factor expected to inhibit the growth of the global mammography workstations market in the forthcoming years.
Key Highlights of the Report:
- In terms of modality, the multi-modal sub-segment is the most dominant in the global mammography workstations market, with the highest revenue share. Multi-modal mammography workstations connect the radiological information system (RIS) and the picture archiving and communication system (PACS) with various diagnostic solutions to offer high-quality treatment.
- The diagnostic screening application sub-segment is predicted to hold the most significant market share over the forecast timeline. Diagnostic screening aids in the early detection of breast cancer signs, including breast pain, nipple discharge, breast skin swelling, and remarkable changes in breast size and shape.
- Based on end-use, the hospitals sub-segment is expected to retain the largest share of the global mammography workstations market over the forecast period. Mammography workstations are widely used across hospitals for breast cancer imaging. Increasing government support and funding for hospitals to adopt innovative imaging and screening techniques for breast cancer is a crucial factor fueling this segment’s growth.
- North America is the leading regional market for mammography workstations. The increasing prevalence of breast cancer and the rising awareness about early breast cancer diagnosis are expected to significantly promote the growth of the North American mammography workstations market.
- The key industry participants include Koninklijke Philips N.V., Carestream Health, Inc., Siemens AG, Barco NV, EIZO Corporation, Esaote SpA, Sectra AB, Hologic Inc., Konica Minolta, Inc., and Agfa-Gevaert N.V.
- In August 2020, Hologic, Inc., the globally leading women’s healthcare solutions provider, acquired Acessa Health Inc. to advance its GYN (gynecology) surgical range of using Acessa’s highly efficient and compatible technology.
Emergen Research has segmented the global mammography workstations market based on modality, application, end-use, and region.
By Modality (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
By Application (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- Diagnostic Screening
- Advanced Imaging
- Clinical Review
By End-use (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- Breast Care Centers
By Region (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/mammography-workstations-market