You may think that choosing shoelaces is easy and not a big deal, but the truth is that there’s more to it than you might think. Different types of sneakers and trainers require different lacing techniques to achieve the best fit and look. Choosing the right laces can add style to your sneakers, keep them secure and comfortable, and help them last longer. In this article, we’ll explore how to choose the right shoelaces for your sneakers or trainers so you can get the most out of them.
Shoe Laces 101
Shoe laces may seem like a small detail, but they can actually make a big difference in both the comfort and look of your sneakers or trainers. When choosing shoelaces, there are a few things to keep in mind, such as material, length, and style.
1) Material: Shoelaces are typically made from either nylon or polyester. Nylon is a more durable option, while polyester is usually cheaper and easier to find. However, polyester shoelaces can be more likely to fray or break.
2) Length: The length of your shoelaces will depend on the size of your sneaker or trainer. You’ll want to make sure the laces are long enough to tie comfortably, but not so long that they’re dangling down past the tongue of the shoe.
3) Style: There are many different styles of shoelaces available, from thin and delicate to thick and chunky. Pick a style that you think looks good with your sneakers or trainers and that you feel comfortable tying.
The Different Types of Shoelaces
There are many different types of shoelaces available on the market. Some of the most popular types include:
1) Flat shoelaces: These laces are typically made from a synthetic material and are flat in shape. They are ideal for use with sneakers and other casual shoes.
2) Rounded shoelaces: These laces are also made from a synthetic material but are rounded in shape. They can be used with both sneakers and dressier shoes.
3) Elastic shoelaces: These laces are made from an elastic material and can be stretched. They are ideal for use with sneakers or other shoes that need to be easily taken on and off.
How to Choose the Right Shoelace for Your Sneakers or Trainers
If you’re looking for the perfect finishing touch to your sneakers or trainers, then new shoelaces could be just what you need. But with so many different colours, materials and styles to choose from, how can you make sure you pick the right ones?
Here are our top tips on how to choose the right shoelace for your sneakers or trainers:
1) Consider the material of your shoelaces. If you’re looking for a more durable option that can withstand lots of wear and tear, then go for laces made from synthetic materials such as nylon or polyester. If you prefer a softer feel or want your laces to match the material of your sneakers, then opt for cotton shoelaces instead.
2) Think about the colour of your shoelaces. If you want your laces to stand out and make a statement, then go for a bright and bold colour. If you prefer a more understated look, then choose a neutral shade such as black, white or grey. You could also try matching the colour of your shoelaces to your shoes for a coordinated look.
3) Choose the right length for your laces. If you’re wearing low-top sneakers or trainers, the standard length laces should be fine. But if you’re wearing high-tops or have particularly wide feet, then opt for extra long laces so that they can be tied comfortably around your ankles.
Choosing the right shoelaces for your sneakers and trainers can be daunting. But with a few simple tips, you can make sure that you get the perfect pair of laces to perfectly complete your look. Consider the material, colour, length, and style when shopping for shoelaces and if in doubt seek expert advice from a shoe store or online retailer. With these tips in mind, you’ll be ready to find the best shoelaces for any occasion!