Do you have a multi-author website? Make it more professional and reader-friendly by adding an author box at the bottom of every blog post. Introduce your readers to the person behind their favorite articles.
An author box is a great way to showcase an author’s social links, bio, and website. That is especially useful if you have a multi-author blog or if you are a one-person team.
It’s a box at the foot of your blog posts that provides some biographical information about the author of your website. It is like having an “introduction” on every blog post or page you write on your website. That said, here’s how you can add an author box in WordPress. Also see how to make money with wordpress.
5 benefits of author boxes
- Author boxes showcase the human behind the post as this provides warmth and personality to your website. The readers will feel connected to the face and name they see in the author’s box.
- It builds your trustworthiness if you consistently publish high-quality content on a website with many writers. Once your audience sees the writer behind the article, they will feel assured that it is well written and presents reliable information.
- It opens opportunities for future collaborations. Brands, guest authors, and companies can easily find the information they need to contact you or your writer for future collaborations.
- It makes it easier for your readers to find an author whose posts they enjoyed. Based on the writing style, your readers will feel connected to different authors. Having an author box at the end of the post makes it easy for them to find other articles written by that author.
- Increase the authenticity of your website. The authenticity of your website comes from the authors that contribute to the overall image of the website.
How to create an author box?
An author box can be created using code, or you can use a plugin. If you don’t have any experience using code, it could take you quite some time and effort. The much more convenient method is the Simple Author Box plugin.
Meet Simple Author Box
The Simple Author Box plugin is the perfect solution for your website. Simple Author Box attaches a responsive author box at the bottom of your posts.
It displays the author’s name, photo, and author information with additional links. Simple Author Box presents an author box with an author gravatar, name, website, author bio, and social media icons.
You can easily customize it so that it matches your style, theme, color, and font. It gives a professional and clean look to your website on a desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone.
Simple Author Box allows you to automatically embed the author box at the end of every post or WordPress photo gallery. It has both RTL and AMP support.
Simple Author Box Pro offers premium features like the ability to change the position of the author box before or after the content. You can decide if you want the author’s name to connect to a website.
You can easily choose where to show the author box and add a rotate effect on the author avatar. If you want to open the author’s website in a new tab, you can add the “nofollow” attribute and change the style of social media icons.
How to use the Simple Author Box plugin?
- Proceed to the dashboard.
- Insert the email you used while buying the plugin.
- Follow the password reset link to set up your password.
- Log in to your account.
- Download the Simple Author Box plugin by clicking on “Download Plugin” from the left-hand side menu.
- Install and activate the plugin on your WordPress site (WP Admin -> Plugins -> Add New -> Upload Plugin).
- Open WP Admin -> Appearance -> Simple Author Box.
- Activate the plugin with your license key that should be in this form: 12345678-12345678-12345678.
- Let the plugin lead you through the setup/onboarding process.
- Once fully done, you can also install/remove the plugin from your Cloud hosting dashboard.
Make your website more professional by adding an author box at the end of every post. The Simple Author Box plugin makes the whole experience quick, stress-free and is a simple way to reach more people and leave a great impression on them.