By 2032, the global gluten-free pasta market is predicted to increase at a CAGR of 4.5 percent, with a top value of US$ 1.5 billion. Consumers are well-informed about the products and the nutritional advantages they provide.
As a result, manufacturers are inserting nutritionally rich items or sources into their food products to boost the nutritional element. Manufacturers have begun to use sources that could boost the nutritious value of the pasta for this aim.
Pulses, buckwheat, quinoa, rice, and other sources have been shown to boost nutritional content. Pulses such as chickpeas, lentils, fava beans, and others are being used as a primary source of durum wheat and semolina replacement. As a result, rising demand for nutritionally dense pasta is likely to propel the gluten-free pasta market forward.
Key players are concentrating on improving product quality, variety, and innovation. Furthermore, to acquire a competitive advantage, these major firms are engaging in several merger and acquisition activities.
- In February 2021, Barilla purchased Catelli, a Canadian company. The company’s dry pasta production in Montreal is included in this deal.
Explore More Valuable Insights
Future Market Insights presents an unbiased analysis of the global gluten-free pasta market in its latest report, which includes historical data (2017-2021) and forecast statistics for the forecast period of 2022-2032.
Across seven major regions of the world, the study provides compelling insights based on category (dried, fresh), product type (multigrain pasta, chickpea pasta, quinoa pasta, brown rice pasta), and distribution channel (B2B, B2C (Hypermarkets/Supermarkets, Discount Stores, Food and Drink Specialty Stores, Convenience Stores, Independent Small Groceries, Online Retail)).
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- Through 2032, the gluten-free pasta market in Latin America and the Middle East, and Africa is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 5.4 percent and 6.5 percent, respectively.
- In 2022, the East Asia and South Asia markets will account for 3.1 percent and 3.8 percent of total demand, respectively, and are predicted to increase at CAGRs of 8.9 percent and 8.0 percent over the forecasted period.
- In terms of category segment, fresh holds a 54.4 percent market share in 2022 and is predicted to increase at a CAGR of 6.2 percent over the projection period.
- Brown rice pasta is the most popular product type, accounting for roughly 54.6 percent of the market and growing at a CAGR of 3.1 percent over the projection period.
- In 2022, the B2C distribution channel will dominate, accounting for 69.0 percent of all distribution channels.