The rising women population, growing consciousness about women’s hygiene, and supporting government initiatives are driving the Feminine Hygiene Products market growth.
The Feminine Hygiene Products Market is expected to be valued at USD 31.51 Billion in 2027 from USD 20.70 Billion in 2019, registering a CAGR of 6.1% through the forecast period. The market for feminine hygiene products is experiencing a high demand attributable to the escalating population of women, increasing awareness about women’s hygiene, and the growing level of disposable income across the world. According to the World Population report released in 2017 by the United Nations, the world population touched 7.5 billion, with 50.4% comprising men and 49.6% comprising women.
Supporting government initiatives across the world is a significant factor driving market growth. In several nations, these initiatives intend to educate women regarding hygiene, teach them the importance of sanitary napkins, and encourage them to use the napkins. This is one of the primary reasons for the exponential growth of the market. Additionally, a rising number of conferences, seminars, and campaigns across schools and colleges to educate about the usage and disposal of hygiene products is adding traction to the market growth.
However, certain health issues associated with the use of traditional women’s hygiene products, such as toxic shock syndrome and the social stigma that is often associated with the use of such products, can impede the industry’s growth over the projected timeframe.
Grab Your Free Sample PDF Copy Now
Key Highlights from Report:
- Growing demand for tampons owing to the rising inclination among women towards high-quality products and improved comfort as compared to sanitary pads are boosting the market growth. Moreover, the utilization of tampons allows women to be more active without the concerns about the nit being misplaced.
- A lack of essential cleanliness and hygiene led to about 800,000 women deaths across the globe in 2019, making it the fifth leading cause of mortality in women.
- The disposable products segment is projected to expand at a significantly high CAGR in the projected timeframe as they drastically reduce any risks of infection or allergies.
- Feminine hygiene products are estimated to show lucrative growth in the Asia Pacific region owing to the escalating population in the region. Several prominent players of the industry have introduced innovative and superior quality products to cater to women’s hygiene standards. After the United States, China is the second-largest market in the world for feminine hygiene products in terms of consumption.
- Major companies of the industry include Johnson & Johnson, Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Ontex Group NV, Corman Spa, Unicharm Corporation, the Procter & Gamble Company, Hengan International Group Company Limited, Kao Corporation, Maxim Hygiene Products Inc., and Edgewell Personal Care Company.
- Ontex, in May 2020, announced an agreement with Albaad Massuot Yitzhak Limited, a leading manufacturer of wet wipes, feminine hygiene, and sanitary products, and personal care for both luxury and private brands. Under the acquisition agreement, Ontex, an international producer of baby’s personal hygiene solutions, will acquire a controlling stake in the latter’s feminine production facility in Rockingham County.
For the purpose of this report, Emergen Research has segmented the Global Feminine Hygiene Products Market on the basis of product type, usability, distribution channel, and region:
Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- Sanitary Napkins
- Menstrual Cups
- Panty Liners
Usability Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/feminine-hygiene-products-market