Era7: Game of Truth is an innovative Play2Earn NFT trading card game (TCG) that has recently been creating a lot of buzz in the GameFi space. We reach out to Era7 to find out exactly what makes this game tick.
Q: Please introduce yourself and what you do at Era7, thank you.
Hi, I am Teddy Chen, responsible for the system design of the Era7: Game of Truth project. I graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Shu-Te University. I previously worked at Game Hours Inc as Vice President of Operations and before that I was the General Manager at Joycell Inc and the Operations Manager at ISTAR Inc.
In the game industry, I possess 20 years of experience – from PC online games to web games, mobile games, and now I am a part of the very exciting blockchain GameFi industry. My long gaming experience has taught me to focus on the players – how do they feel, what motivates them etc. As the person in charge of system design at Era7, I hope to provide the best gaming experience for players everywhere.
Q: Congrats on your recent fundraising with a staggering lineup of VCs and institutions. How did you manage that?
Era7’s Research & Development team has 15 years of experience in online game development and achieved great results in the traditional gaming space. To date, we have altogether accumulated nearly 10 million users in the online games that we have developed.
After adding the concept of NFTs and Play-to-Earn to the Era7 game, along with offering chain interoperability, we attracted many well-known blockchain investment institutions. These institutions are extremely interested in the three competitive features of Era7, which are:
1. Ability to attract the traditional gamers. Era7’s Trading Card Game (TCG) genre and rich gameplay are factors that resonate with traditional game players. Moving forward, the iOS and Android versions of the game will be launched simultaneously, and with promotional support from the traditional gaming circles, will bring in more valuable new traffic to the gamefi industry.
2. High-quality product. Era7’s offers rich gameplay content and competitive elements, providing users with long hours of entertainment. With 1,000 exquisitely crafted NFT cards that have different attributes, the players can come up with endless battle strategy combinations which can generate different performance outcomes in battle. In the near future, these players can form an ever-growing PVP (player-to-player) competitive gaming community where they can not only play to earn, but also play for fun. At the same time, Era7 is also in the process of building an Esport-Fi model, so that holders of rare NFT assets will have more avenues to earn.
3. Low threshold entry to Game of Truth. Era7 has no barrier to entry for players. Users who don’t understand cryptocurrency can still experience the game in the free-to-play mode. Indeed both novice and experienced gamers can find their place in the game, and together with the project, build their own worlds of truth that belong to them.
Q: What is the central concept behind Era7: Game of Truth?
Era7’s artistic inspiration comes from TCGs like Hearthstone and Magic: The Gathering.
The Game of Truth plot revolves around seven races on the Continent of Truth who compete for the title of “King of Truth.” Amongst the races are groups of specially gifted individuals who are sent to attend Summoner Academy to undergo rigorous training where they graduate to become Summoners. Upon graduation, they travel the world to make Summoning Pacts with the most powerful amongst the seven races, to establish strong allies in order to consolidate their power.
Since ancient times, throughout the year, battles amongst the Summoners have been held in the heart of the Continent. These Summoning Battles attract Summoners from all over the world who battle for the ‘King of Truth’ title. The winner is crowned ‘King of the Continent’, and he and his race are awarded the highest honors in the land.
At Era7, we hope to create a world of truth that belongs to all the players in this kingdom of truth.
Q: You are a Play2Earn NFT trading card game, are there other GameFi projects like you? If so, how are you different from your competition? If not, help us to understand your first-mover advantages in this space.
We have two types of competitors. The first type are those like Thetan Arena, with elements of esports and competitive attributes built into GameFi. The second type are those like the Splinterlands/Mytheria card games with GameFi. They are all undeniably excellent and successful projects, and have built their own core following.
Compared with the GameFi products on the market, the prime advantages of Era7 are the following:
- With our rich game content and a mature economic system that support long hours of gameplay, we can guarantee a healthy ecosystem of players and token pricing.
- Both our stable numerical card system and the large number (almost 1,000) of cards make confrontational battles fun and exciting, allowing players room for imagination to strategize their gameplay and create their own unique card libraries.
- Our fast-paced and mildly competitive battles will not tire the players out.
- While the players are experiencing the fun of gaming, Play-to-Earn is also an objective and we give players the opportunity to benefit financially while they play.
- In terms of Esports, we have developed a system of balance and fairness, which will allow capable players to achieve more rewards and honors. This will encourage everyone to enjoy the charm of Esports gaming all the while easily earning as they play.
Q: Tell us more about your upcoming NFT Sale on December 20th. Can you share some pictures of the types of trading cards that will be on sale? What are the premium buys?
The NFT Sales Event will be launched on 20th December and will feature 6,000 standard Mystery Boxes (‘Light Box’) priced at USD 119 and 400 premium Mystery Boxes (‘Epic Light Box’) priced at USD 399 respectively. The Mystery Boxes will be released in batches on a first-come-first-served basis.
The NFT launch will start on December 20th at UTC 12:00 and end on December 22nd at UTC 00:00.
Using Metamask, buyers can connect to the official marketplace to pay for purchases with $BUSD.
The Light Box and the Epic Light Box will feature 16 Master Cards with varying levels of rarity and value. When a buyer obtains a Master Card, he or she has approximately 15 days, before the game is officially launched, to complete the ‘UNSEAL’ function. After the buyer completes unsealing, he or she will receive several Battle Cards in one go. Furthermore, the Master Card that he or she holds has the capability of automatically summoning Battle Cards daily. These NFT cards are all precious in-game resources.
Subsequently, when the user ecosystem is well-developed, the quantity and quality of the cards held by the player will be the conditions that determine the number of ERA tokens and GOT rewards that the player will be able to obtain. Both ERA and GOT are game tokens which can later be exchanged for cryptocurrencies on DEXes and CEXes in the future. The unsealed Mystery Box that has been successfully snapped up at this upcoming sale or the Master Card that is obtained after unsealing can both be traded and sold on the official marketplace.
Here are examples of the 2 types of Mystery Boxes:
Here are some examples of Master Cards:
Era7 officially launched global marketing for the project in November 2021 and since then we have been revealing news and updates in stages. To date, Era7 has completed its seed round and an initial private round of financing, led by Hashkey and MOBOX, and a dozen other renowned VCs and institutions including Huobi Ventures, OKEx Blockdream Ventures, Good Games Guild (GGG), AU21 Capital, AlphaCoin Fund, Waterdrip Capital and more.
In November 2021, we set up our official website and built our community on channels like telegram, twitter, discord, facebook, reddit and medium. Simultaneously we also launched our global PR in Southeast Asia, Europe, South America and other countries. Currently, we have more than 190,000 followers in our community.
On December 16th, the second phase of our official website was released and we launched the white paper as well. We had a series of airdrops and giveaways and started our NFT airdrop on December 13th. What is most important is that our NFT official marketplace will go live on December 20th, and at the same time, the NFT Mystery Boxes will be on sale for a limited time.
Come January 2022, Era7 will launch our IDO. We are excited that we have managed to collaborate with Pancake and another well-known IDO platform. We will be announcing whitelisting activities, how to participate in the IDO and final confirmation of the IDO platforms. After completing our IDO milestone, ERA token and GOT token will be officially registered on exchanges.
The first version of Era7 will be introduced in February 2022 to our players and they can join the play-to-earn game to play and earn. From here on, we are also planning for the development of an esport ecosystem, construction of a GameFi platform and building a series of IP for Era7 and other metaverse products. Players are welcome to check out the details on our official website or from the roadmap in our White Paper.