The global electrophoresis market size is expected to reach USD 4.21 Billion in 2028 at a CAGR of 5.8% during the forecast period. Increasing incidence of cancer, genetic disorders, and infectious diseases has boosted need for advanced molecular diagnostic techniques. Increasing investment in genomics and proteomics research and rapid technological advancement in electrophoresis techniques are key factors expected to drive revenue growth of market over the forecast period. Increasing industry-university collaborations to advance scope of research and create a skilled and professional workforce is expected to further fuel market growth over the forecast period.
Electrophoresis is a broadly used laboratory technique that effectively separates DNA, RNA, and protein molecules depending on their size and electric charge. Electric current is applied to move molecules that need to be separated through agarose or polyacrylamide gel. The gel has pores in it which functions as a sieve to allow smaller molecules to move at a faster pace than large molecules. Electrophoresis technique is extensively used to measure specific proteins in blood to help screen and identify certain diseases and disorders. Gel electrophoresis, using agarose or polyacrylamide gel, is widely used in forensics, genetics, molecular biology, biochemistry, and microbiology.
Increasing progress and application of next-generation sequencing coupled with increasing development of forensic, clinical, and research laboratories are some key factors expected to drive revenue growth of market over the forecast period. This technique has also been applied in various applications such as screening and diagnosis of hemoglobinopathies, antibody analysis, drug quality control, and vaccine analysis. It can also be used to gain a deeper understanding of the rapidly developing antibiotic resistance amongst different bacteria species.
Some Key Highlights in the Report:
- Electrophoresis reagents segment is expected to register a revenue CAGR of 6.3% during the forecast period. Growth can be attributed to increasing demand for 2D electrophoresis for protein separation and analysis.
- Research segment is expected to account for largest revenue share in the global market over the forecast period owing to increasing application of electrophoresis in drug discovery and design, genomics, antibody research, plasmid analysis, and antibody research, among others.
- Asia Pacific is expected to register fastest revenue CAGR during the forecast period attributable to increasing investment in biotechnology and pharmaceutical research, rapid progress of biopharmaceutical sector, rapid advancement in genomics and proteomics sector, and rising need for personalized therapies in the region.
- Major companies operating in the market include Thermo Fisher Scientific, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Merck Group, Agilent Technologies, Danaher Corporation, GE Healthcare, PerkinElmer, Harvard Bioscience, Shimadzu Corporation, and Sebia Group.
- In 2020, Promega introduced Spectrum Compact Capillary Electrophoresis (CE) System, which has been developed in partnership with Hitachi High-Tech. the personal CE system is an integrated DNA analysis instrument that allows scientists and researchers to perform Sanger sequencing and fragment analysis at the bench in laboratories of any size.
For the purpose of this report, Emergen Research has segmented the global electrophoresis market based on product, application, end-use, and regions:
Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
- Electrophoresis Reagents
- Protein Electrophoresis Reagents
- Nucleic Acid Electrophoresis Reagents
- Electrophoresis Systems
- Electrophoresis Software
- Gel Documentation Systems
Application Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
- Quality Control & Process Validation
End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
- Academic & Research Institutes
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/electrophoresis-market