Knee airbags protect the occupant’s legs by keeping them in a suitable position. Airbags are being installed in automobiles to protect passengers from serious injuries and to achieve high safety ratings during crash tests. With the rising incidence of automotive accidents throughout the world, it’s more important than ever for vehicles to receive top safety ratings during crash tests.
During the forecast period, 2017-2022, the global automotive knee airbags market is predicted to develop at a faster-than-average rate of 5.8% CAGR. Knee airbags in automobiles serve a critical role in passenger safety in the event of a collision. Knee airbags are situated on the driver’s side below the steering wheel and on the passenger side below the glove box.
As a result, airbags are an integral part of the vehicle’s safety measures. Most new cars have airbags to protect people in frontal, rear, and offset collisions. Knee airbags, on the other hand, are regarded one of the most vital safety measures because they protect the lower limbs. Governments and automotive regulatory agencies from all around the world have established safety standards and car safety ratings based on in-vehicle safety systems.
Automotive Knee Airbags Market: Key Takeaways
- During the forecast period, 2017-2022, Europe is predicted to be the largest market for automotive knee airbags. By the end of 2022, the European vehicle knee airbags market is expected to generate just over $50 million in sales.
- The automobile knee airbag market in North America is predicted to be the second most lucrative. The automobile knee airbags industry in North America is booming thanks to the government’s imposition of numerous in-vehicle safety rules and the battle among automakers to gain top safety ratings.
- By the end of 2017, neoprene coated automotive knee airbags are predicted to account for roughly three-quarters of the revenue share. By the end of 2022, neoprene-coated vehicle knee airbags are expected to generate more than $100 million in sales. Silicone coated automobile knee airbags, on the other hand, are predicted to increase rapidly during the forecast period.
- Between 2017 and 2022, nylon automobile knee airbags are predicted to increase at a faster rate than polyester automotive knee airbags. By the end of 2017, nylon airbags are expected to account for more than three-quarters of total sales.
- Original Equipment Manufacturers are likely to sell the most vehicle knee airbags (OEM). OEM is expected to generate over US$ 150 million in sales by the end of 2022.
Neoprene-coated automotive knee airbags are gaining in popularity.
During the forecast period, 2017-2022, the market for neoprene coated automotive knee airbags is predicted to develop faster than average. Neoprene coated vehicle knee airbags are expected to generate an incremental potential of more than US$ 20 million between 2017 and 2022, accounting for roughly three-quarters of the revenue share by year’s end.
To remain ‘ahead’ of your competitors, request for a sample – https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=272