To reach US$ 18.2 Bn in 2032, the market for data center substations is anticipated to grow at a strong 6.2 percent CAGR. Due to the increasing need for electricity to maintain the existing infrastructure, the market for data center substations is anticipated to experience growth. Data centers are an essential part of the IT infrastructure. As a result of new data-intensive technologies and high-speed wireless networks, data centers are becoming more and more in demand among organizations of all sizes, from large, electricity-intensive enterprises to constrained enterprise computing centers.
It is also anticipated that the market will expand due to the increased emphasis on replacing outdated electrical substation infrastructure with modern, superior, modular, digital, and gas-insulated systems.
The market for data center substations is expected to grow as a result of the rising volume of structured and unstructured data as well as the rising demand for cloud computing. The largest portion of the global cloud computing market is anticipated to reside in North America, providing data centers with a lucrative business opportunity. This opens up opportunities for energy distribution and transmission systems, like data center substations.
In developed nations, data center colocation providers are concentrating on making sizeable investments to build more data center facilities, which is also anticipated to increase sales globally.
However, the vital data gathered by an enterprise is in danger due to the growing use of data centers and enterprise virtualization. Due to this, businesses of all sizes are becoming more aware of the security of this data.
Therefore, major vendors are collaborating with numerous channel partners based all over the world due to the high growth opportunities associated with the market. Solution providers can now invest in and grow their businesses in the global data center substation market thanks to this.
- By component, the switchgear segment is expected to account for 23% of the total market share in 2022.
- By voltage, the above 500kV segment is anticipated to expand at a 7.4% CAGR over the forecast period.
- Sales in the Finland data center substation market are expected to account for nearly 13% of the Europe market share through 2031.
- The market in Japan is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 8.3% through 2032.
- In India, sales are expected to increase at a CAGR of 10.2% over the forecast period.
Leading players operating in the global data center substation market are investing in research and development to comply with the growing demand for digital data solutions. Besides this, players are investing in mergers, acquisitions, and collaborations to expand their global footprint. For instance:
- In October 2022, Schneider Electric launched EcoStruxure micro data center C-Series 43U with intelligent cooling technology. It is the latest addition, adding more capacity, savings, and built-in features to address the unique challenges of commercial environments.
Data Center Substation Market Outlook by Category
- MV/LV Transformers
- Power Distribution Units (PDU)
- UPS systems
- Surge Arrestors
- 33kV – 110kV
- 110kV – 220kV
- 220kV – 500kV
- Above 500kV
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia & Pacific
- the Middle East and Africa (MEA)