As an enthusiast always searching for the best cleaning tools on The Cleaners World, floor buffers recently caught my attention. A gleaming floor isn’t just about aesthetics but hygiene, particularly in homes with young kids and pets.
So, here I present my personal experiences with three sought-after floor buffers: the Bissell Commercial Big Green Scrub and Clean Floor Machine, the Ewbank EP170 All-In-One Floor Cleaner Scrubber and Polisher, and the Shark S7001 Mop Scrub and Sanitizer.
Dive into my personal journey here.
1. Bissell Commercial Big Green Scrub and Clean Floor Machine
The Bissell Commercial Big Green is a heavyweight in the floor cleaning sector, designed for both residential and commercial use. With its robust built and high-power motor, this machine is intended for those seeking professional-grade cleaning.
- Powerful oscillating motor
- Extra-large scrubbing brush
- Adjustable handle
- Robust and durable design
- Includes a cleaning solution
- Excellent cleaning power suitable for various flooring types
- Heavy-duty construction ensures longevity
- The wide brush covers more floor area, leading to quicker cleaning
- Slightly heavier, which might be challenging for some users
- More expensive than its counterparts
When I first started using the Bissell Commercial Big Green, I immediately felt its power. It had a sort of gravitas that made me think of commercial-grade equipment. Each session left my floors looking impeccably clean.
Despite being a bit heavy, maneuvering it became a breeze with time. I especially loved its wide brush, which covered more area and reduced my cleaning time. If I had to point out a downside, it would be the price, but the results justified the investment.
2. Ewbank EP170 All-In-One Floor Cleaner Scrubber and Polisher
Ewbank EP170 offers an all-in-one solution for those in need of a versatile cleaning machine. It’s a lightweight yet powerful tool that promises to make your floors shine.
- Suitable for all hard floors
- Comes with interchangeable and reusable pads
- 23-foot long power cord
- 2,200rpm counter-rotating discs
- Lightweight design makes it easy to maneuver
- Efficient cleaning across different surfaces
- Affordable price point
- Might require multiple passes for stubborn stains
- Pads might wear out and need replacements
The Ewbank EP170’s lightweight nature was the first thing that struck me. It was easy to carry it around my house, even up and down the stairs. Its performance on standard dirt was commendable, but I did find myself going over some stubborn spots multiple times.
Over time, I’ve also had to replace the pads, but given its affordable price, it didn’t bother me much. It’s a handy tool for those who don’t want to break the bank but still desire decent cleaning.
3. Shark S7001 Mop Scrub and Sanitizer
Shark is a trusted name in the cleaning industry, and the S7001 Mop Scrub and Sanitizer lives up to the reputation. Besides cleaning, it promises to sanitize the floors, which is a feature that sets it apart.
- Steam cleaning capability
- Kills 99.9% of common household bacteria
- Lightweight design
- Touch-free technology for pad removal
- Dual-action cleaning and sanitizing
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Hands-free pad removal ensures hygiene
- Needs frequent water refills for larger areas
- Not as powerful as a dedicated buffer
The Shark S7001 was like having a two-in-one package. Not only did it clean, but it also sanitized my floors, giving me peace of mind, especially in flu season. The steam cleaning capability impressed me the most. However, I noticed that for more extensive areas, the water tank ran out quicker than I would’ve liked, requiring frequent refills. That being said, the sanitizing feature is something I’ve come to cherish, particularly in today’s times.
Comparison Table: Bissell vs. Ewbank vs. Shark
|Features/Products||Bissell Commercial Big Green Scrub and Clean||Ewbank EP170 All-In-One Cleaner||Shark S7001 Mop Scrub and Sanitizer|
|Design||Heavy-duty, robust||Lightweight, versatile||Sleek, lightweight|
|Main Feature||Powerful oscillating motor||Counter-rotating discs||Steam cleaning capability|
|Unique Selling Point||Professional-grade cleaning||All-in-one solution||Sanitizes while cleaning|
|Cleaning Performance||Excellent on all surfaces||Good on regular dirt||Good with added sanitizing|
|Usability||May be heavy for some||Easy maneuverability||Easy to use, frequent water refills|
|Included Accessories||Cleaning solution||Interchangeable and reusable pads||Steam pads|
|Maintenance||Minimal; robust build||Requires pad replacements||Regular water refilling|
Navigating the maze of floor buffers, I stumbled upon this insightful blog. The Bissell Commercial Big Green seemed like a powerhouse, promising pristine floors.
Then there’s the Ewbank EP170, which is lighter on both the hand and pocket. But what really piqued my curiosity was the Shark S7001, which not only cleans but also sanitizes.
Thanks to the detailed comparison table in the blog, my decision is almost made. If only choices were always this informed!