The global cloud TV market size is expected to reach USD 4.60 Billion in 2028 at a CAGR of 10.8% during the forecast period. Increasing demand for video on demand (VoD) that offers superior quality viewing experience to users is the key factor expected to drive market growth during the forecast period. In addition, growing demand and popularity of cloud streaming services is expected to further fuel revenue growth of market over the forecast period.
Rapid advancements in technology and changing consumer behavior and preference for how the video content is views has resulted in evolution of new solutions. Advanced solutions include a rapid shift from conventional broadcasting and viewing approaches to digital delivery via the internet to a wide range of connected devices. This has led to increased cost-flexibility, agility, and scalability of cloud TV. Increasing incorporation of cloud TV has led to increased demand among viewers for additional options, convenience of use, and better control over viewing experience. This has resulted in several broadcasters adoption cloud TV platform to deliver varied video content along with tailored recommendations to the users. These factors are expected to drive revenue growth of market over the forecast period.
Furthermore, increasing penetration and rapid advancements in 5G technology are further expected to boost revenue growth of market going ahead. Various telecom providers and broadcasters are leveraging 5G technology to offer resilient cloud TV experience and the trend is expected to be prevalent going forward. However, lack of high-speed network infrastructure in developing countries is expected to restrain cloud TV market growth to a certain extent over the forecast period.
Some Key Highlights in the Report:
- Public cloud segment revenue is expected to expand significantly over the forecast period attributable to increasing adoption of public cloud-based TV globally.
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) segment is expected to register significant revenue CAGR over the forecast period. Growth can be attributed to rising demand for SaaS-based cloud TV offerings owing to its ability to easily integrate with other offerings. Providers can also scale up SaaS usage depending on the requirement and this is expected to further drive revenue growth of segment.
- Video-on-demand segment is expected to account for largest revenue share in global market over the forecast period attributable to rising consumer demand for high-quality user experience for on-demand video content as it offers better control over viewing experience.
- Entertainment and media segment is expected to lead market growth in terms of revenue share over the forecast period owing to increasing demand for video content delivered through the internet.
- North America market revenue is expected to expand significantly over the forecast period owing to increasing adoption of advanced technologies and robust presence of major market players such as Kaltura Inc, Brightcove, Inc., IntelliMedia Networks Inc, Matrix Stream Technologies Inc, and CSG Systems International Inc. in the region.
- Key companies operating in the market include Kaltura Inc, Brightcove, Inc., Amino Technologies PLC, IntelliMedia Networks Inc., Matrix Stream Technologies Inc., CSG Systems International Inc., SimpleStream Limited, ActiveVideo Networks, Inc., SeaChange International Inc., and Amagi Corporation.
- In April 2019, Brightcove Inc. acquired Ooyala, Inc., which is a prominent provider of video content workflow management solutions. The acquisition will strengthen Brightcove Inc.’s position in the online video industry.
For the purpose of this report, Emergen Research has segmented the global cloud TV market on the basis of cloud type, service, streaming, end-use, and region:
Cloud Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
- Private Cloud
- Public Cloud
- Hybrid Cloud
Service Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
Streaming Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
- Live Streaming
End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
- Entertainment & Media
- Information Technology
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/cloud-tv-market