Camdog is a powerful video surveillance system that creates a wall of security around your assets. It is a tool that can be used by anyone who has valuable properties. If you are worried about the looting and destruction of your belongings, this tool is likely what will calm your fears.
- Object Recognition
- Cheap Price
- Cloud-Based Storage System
- Advanced AI algorithms
- WIFI/ internet-dependent
- Susceptible to problems of signal loss
What is Camdog?
Camdog is a cloud-based video surveillance system founded by Dmytro Usenko, a specialist in computer vision, machine learning, and video surveillance systems. It is a video monitoring tool geared towards small-medium businesses and provides a cloud-based video recording of an object, area, or region alongside other advanced features.
Although Camdog is for small-medium businesses, you can use it for home security. If you don’t want to break the bank, its basic plan will be suitable for you. So, if you are worried about break-ins into your home, this is a tool that you should consider.
It is worth mentioning that Camdog is not your typical business video cam tool. It is a full-fledged observation system with the ability to monitor specific areas you choose and alert you of suspicious people and activities. Unlike CCTV cameras, it is not prone to the risk of having its video footage destroyed due to arson or sabotage by criminals.
In this review, I will explain the core features of Camdog and show you its applications so that you can know if this is a tool that can solve your problems.
Features of Camdog
Camdog has a lot of features that prove it can effectively watch over your properties and warn you when your valuables are at the risk of being looted or destroyed. I will go ahead to list some of the core features of Camdog.
- Camdog has a smart AI-based Security System: The field of artificial intelligence has massively grown, and Camdog has taken advantage of this technology to provide top-level surveillance for businesses. It’s AI algorithms can detect over 300 different objects such as people, cars, animals, and even weapons. It also has advanced predicting algorithms that can predict items in blurred regions. Finally, If you are worried about hiring people to help you monitor the recorded footage, you have nothing to worry about as Camdog’s AI does it for you and sends you alerts when required.
- Camdog provides 24/7 Continuous Monitoring: Camdog can monitor a selected area 24/7 so far you have a strong and stable Wi-Fi connection. If you experience internet issues, Camdog takes note of it and documents it for you to review later on.
- Camdog can guard specific objects: Given its ability to detect different entities, Camdog can monitor desired items and alert you when they leave the designated region.
- Camdog can prevent the loss of valuable objects: Camdog has a variety of ways to help you avoid losing items. It uses Email, phone, and computer notifications to alert you of suspicious activities. It can also warn you if there is a loss in signal.
- Camdog provides Video Analytics: Camdog allows you to access and study the video analytics of any period. It shows you snapshots of each recorded event, objects detected, people in a selected region, and a summary report. With this feature, you can always go back in time and refer to specific information that might be of interest to you.
The features above are the core features of Camdog, but the list above does not exhaust all the possible features Camdog has. For example, Camdog is cloud-based and offers a large amount of storage that you don’t typically see in CCTV systems. It can also connect to your webcam, IP cameras, and even your phone camera. If you are interested in learning more about Camdog’s features, you can visit the Camdog website.
You might be wondering how expensive Camdog is considering its features and benefits. I will love to assure you that it is affordable and worth having. There a variety of plans Camdog offers from which you can choose from:
- The Camdog Basic Plan: Camdog’s basic plan costs a fee of $10/month. This plan gives you access to 72 hours of monitoring and $1/h per additional hour. It also provides features such as object detection, human detection, unlimited alert storage. and notifications.
- The Camdog Standard Plan: The standard plan is Camdog’s most popular plan and has a subscription fee of $49/month. This package offers the same features as the basic plan but includes 720 hours of monitoring and $0.2/h per additional hour. This plan also has the CAMDOG mode, which detects suspicious activity.
- The Camdog Professional plan: Camdog’s professional package is more expensive compared to the others. It has the same features like the standard plan but offers 3600 hours of monitoring and $0.1/h per additional hour. This plan also offers you dedicated support to ensure you enjoy the package.
Practical Applications of Camdog
If you are still indecisive as to the viability of Camdog, I have written this section to illustrate practical situations that will help you see the power of Camdog and motivate you to make a decision.
- Camdog helps retailers predict customer behavior: Camdog is first and foremost a security tool. Nevertheless, it provides a heat map that depicts the activity of movement in a store, shop, or supermarket. This heat map helps you study what part of the store customers tend to go to and why they go to those areas. Having this information helps you understand customer behavior and make informed decisions.
- Camdog helps provide substantial evidence for insurance companies: There is nothing more painful than having your store looted or destroyed. Criminals are more sophisticated nowadays in their operations and can even destroy CCTV cameras when they want to. The destruction of CCTV cameras can leave you without video evidence to offer to the police and insurance companies. Unlike CCTV systems, Camdog is cloud-based. Due to this, its video footage is always accessible and away from the reach of criminals.
Camdog is a powerful tool that any small-medium business enterprise will find extremely useful. It is cheap, sustainable, and reliable. Although it is dependent on your WIFI connection and can stall if your network is unstable, it covers up for this by notifying you of any signal loss. If you are interested in the safety of your assets and properties, this is a tool you should try out.