Bitget, a leading cryptocurrency derivatives and copy trading platform, proudly announces the winning teams of its Under 30 Virtual Hackathon, a dynamic initiative within the Blockchain4Youth CSR program. The competition, which unfolded from August 12 to September 24, saw outstanding innovation in the realms of AI and blockchain.
This hackathon was presented as part of Bitget’s Blockchain4Youth charity program, which equips younger generations with the certifications, skills, knowledge, and mindset necessary for the rapidly evolving world of crypto, blockchain, and Web3. The overall goal of the program is to foster the next generation of blockchain thought leaders as the tech becomes increasingly adopted and visible in day-to-day life.
With a robust collaboration between Bitget and industry leaders, including Bitget Wallet, Foresight Ventures and HackerEarth, the U30 Hackathon offered a total prize pool of $40,000, attracting over 1,000 teams of young talented professionals who showcased remarkable creativity and technological acumen. The judging panel for this event consisted of Bitget’s internal blockchain experts, ensuring that the winning submissions demonstrated not only innovative thinking, but also had the mindset and drive required to apply real-world digital solutions.
The competition involved three themes.
- Trustless Infrastructure for AI: Contestants demonstrated their coding skills by creating a trustless infrastructure for AI, focusing on secure and private AI applications using zero-knowledge proofs (zkp) and zk-SNARKs. Their solutions were designed to support developers with zero-knowledge proofs and zero-knowledge-proof-empowered AI DApps and zkml (zero-knowledge machine learning), enabling secure and private machine learning applications using blockchain technology.
- AIGC and Web3 Gaming: The gaming industry is one of the fastest-growing sectors worldwide, but it faces challenges in scalability, security, and transparency. Participants in this category developed solutions that use AIGC and blockchain technology to change the way we think about Web 3 gaming by enhancing immersion and trust for players.
- AI Marketplace: With AI and ML gaining popularity and adoption rates, ensuring secure and private AI applications is increasingly important. Participants in this challenge created an AI marketplace that focused on secure and transparent exchanges between AI algorithms and data with the help of blockchain technology.
Winners in each category received $10,000 in recognition of their exceptional work.
- Impact to Blockchain Community: Lilium, for their innovative carbon offset program that employed blockchain to verify carbon credits.
- Most Creative Solution: Grease Pencil, which created an AI-infused storyboard builder.
- Most Viable Solution: Explore the World, which developed an NFT-based game where businesses offer coupons for collecting and using NFTs.
- Best Design: Derma 360, for their AI-powered skin-care and dermal condition diagnosis pen.
Gracy Chen, Managing Director of Bitget, expressed her delight at the results, saying, “This Hackathon exemplifies the creativity and potential of our future leaders and is deeply aligned with Bitget’s overarching Blockchain4Youth initiative, which seeks to inspire blockchain and cryptocurrency adoption among young individuals. The ideas and innovations presented here will undoubtedly shape the future of the crypto and blockchain industries.”
With the success of the Under 30 Virtual Hackathon, Bitget is looking forward to new initiatives and events that will empower the youth of today to become the blockchain pioneers of tomorrow.
Established in 2018, Bitget is the world’s leading cryptocurrency exchange and web3 company. Serving over 20 million users in 100+ countries and regions, the Bitget exchange is committed to helping users trade smarter with its pioneering copy trading feature and other trading solutions. Formerly known as BitKeep, Bitget Wallet is a world-class multi-chain crypto wallet that offers an array of comprehensive Web3 solutions and features including wallet functionality, swap, NFT Marketplace, DApp browser, and more. Bitget inspires individuals to embrace crypto through collaborations with credible partners, including legendary Argentinian footballer Lionel Messi and official eSports events organizer PGL.