Antimony is a metallic chemical element that can be acquired in two forms; metallic and non-metallic. Metallic antimony is bright, hard, brittle, and heavy; whereas non-metallic antimony is a grey powder. Antimony is a weak conductor of heat and electricity. Exposure to toxic antimony can be harmful as it can cause inflammation, skin and eye irritation, and can cause damage to lungs and heart. It is not affected by alkalis and acids and is stable at low humidity. Antimony and its alloys expand on cooling. Apart from flame retardants, antimony plays an important role as a catalyst and stabilizer in plastic additives.
The global antimony market size is expected to reach USD 3.10 billion in 2028 and register a CAGR of 5.8% throughout the forecast period. Growing demand for Antimony Trioxide (ATO) for application in plastic additives as well as flame retardants are key factors boosting revenue growth of the global antimony market currently. According to industry analysis, revenue growth of the market is expected to incline rapidly, with market size remaining steady towards the end of the forecast period.
The global antimony market is projected to remain extremely competitive. Increasing demand for antimony, technological advancements in industrial applications, and continual expansion of antimony applications in various industries are some key factors expected to open up new opportunities for key players in the market during the forecast period.
Furthermore, increasing demand for and utilization of flame retardants is expected to boost demand for antimony going ahead.
Click Here to Access Free sample PDF Copy of the Report.
Some key highlights in the report:
- Based on product type, antimony trioxide segment revenue is projected to register a steady CAGR during the forecast period due to wide use as in flame retardants and in adhesives, fiberglass, plastics, and rubber. It is also used as a combination for halogenated compounds to function as a flame retardant.
- The flame retardants segment contributed largest revenue share in 2020. Flame retardants are used in resources that stop the start of a fire or help in reducing intensity of fire.
- The chemical segment revenue is expected to expand at a moderate CAGR over the forecast period. Antimony finds application in automotive as well as chemical industries.
- Asia Pacific market revenue is expected to continue to register the fastest revenue CAGR in comparison to other regional markets owing to rapid industrialization and technological advancements in some countries in the region. China, India, and Japan are some of the largest revenue contributors to the market in the region.
- Key players operating in the global antimony market Mandalay Resources Ltd., Belmont Metals Inc., AMG Advanced Metallurgical Group, United States Antimony Corporation, Lamber Metals International, Village Main Reef Ltd., Amspec Chemical Corporation, Recylex, Tri-Star Resources, and NYACOL Nano Technologies.
For the purpose of this report, Emergen Research has segmented the global antimony market based on application, product type, end-use, and region:
Application Outlook (Revenue: USD Billion; Volume: Kilo Tons; 2018–2028)
- Lead Acid Batteries
- Flame Retardants
- Plastic Additives
- Glass & Ceramics
Product Type Outlook (Revenue: USD Billion; Volume: Kilo Tons; 2018–2028)
- Antimony Trioxide
- Metal Ingot
- Antimony Pentoxide
End-use Outlook (Revenue: USD Billion; Volume: Kilo Tons; 2018–2028)
Regional Outlook (Revenue: USD Billion; Volume: Kilo Tons; 2018–2028)
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Rest of LATAM
Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
Read Full Report Description@ https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/antimony-market