Rising adoption of geotextile tubes in application of sludge dewatering is a key factor driving market growth
The global geotextile tubes market size is expected to reach USD 4.96 Billion in 2028 and register a revenue CAGR of 9.7% during the forecast period, according to a latest report by Reports and Data. Market revenue growth is primarily driven by increasing adoption of geotextiles tubes in application of sludge dewatering. Geotextile tubes help in minimizing volume of sludge to be treated and reduce total costs associated with treatment of sludge. Presence of stringent regulations regarding disposal of wastewater in water bodies without proper treatment is expected to boost revenue growth of the market during the forecast period. Geotextile tubes are a cost-effective containment solution for desludging and dewatering or protection. Dewatering tubes made of non-woven geotextile are designed to assist contractors and site engineers with dewatering of construction lakes, sites, and other water pumping applications. Benefits associated with dewatering tubes made of non-woven geotextile include easy to transport, set and install, efficient, minimal impact on the environment, and serve as a cost-effective alternative to traditional materials. Geotextile tubes are widely utilized in sludge dewatering applications due to flexibility and high tensile strength coupled with enhanced efficiency to dewater. Other applications associated with geotextile tubes includes construction dewatering, agricultural remediation, and removal of solids from municipal water and wastewater treatment.
Rising demand for high-quality geotextile tubes with improved UV resistance is expected to drive market revenue growth during the forecast period. Advancements in fabrication techniques and engineering principles with addition of ultraviolet stabilizers such as carbon black to increase the resistance of geotextiles to ultraviolet degradation is contributing to improvement of geotextile technology, which is expected to increase the utilization of geotextile tubes.
Some Key Highlights in the Report
- In April 2021, Fibertex Nonwovens, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Danish industrial conglomerate Schouw & Co., announced the acquisition of newly established state-of-the art spunlacing production business in Gray Court, South Carolina. The new production site is expected to provide Fibertex Nonwovens, which is one of the leading manufacturers of non-woven textiles in Europe.
- Woven segment is expected to register a considerably fast revenue growth rate over the forecast period. Rising need to prevent coastal erosion and encourage beach nourishment are factors driving demand for woven geotextile tubes. Woven geotextile tubes are mainly used in embankments and in or near dams, coastal works, waterways, and woven geogrids for reinforcement.
- Marine & hydraulic segment is expected to register significantly fast revenue growth rate over the forecast period. Advancements in fabrication techniques and engineering principles with additives such as ultraviolet stabilizers to increase resistance of geotextile tubes to ultraviolet degradation is resulting in the improvement of geotextile technology. This trend is expected to increase the utilization of geotextile tubes to mitigate erosion on riverbanks, coastal shorelines, and lakes.
- The Asia Pacific geotextile tubes market is expected to register robust revenue CAGR over the forecast period. Increasing investments of governments of the countries in infrastructural developments and coastal structure protection, and regulations regarding disposal of wastewater in the water bodies without effective treatment are major factors driving development of high-quality geotextile tubes for dewatering, flood control, and coastal protection.
- Major players profiled in the global market report include Koninklijke Tencate, Naue GmbH & Co. Kg, HUESKER, Fibertex Nonwovens, Geofabrics Australasia Pty Ltd, ACE Geosynthetics, Officine Maccaferri SpA, Freudenberg group, Flexituff Ventures International Ltd., and Tensar International.
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data has segmented the global geotextile tubes market based on type, end-use, and region:
Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Million Square Meters, 2018-2028)
End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Million Square Meters, 2018-2028)
Marine & Hydraulic
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Million Square Meters, 2018-2028)
Middle East & Africa
To Identify The Key Trends In The Industry, Research Study At: https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/geotextile-tubes-market